Web Marketing Experts Review

Discussion in 'Networking, Telephony & Internet' started by hitman0042, Nov 5, 2013.

1. hitman0042

hitman0042 Member

Any of you guys have any SEO experience from Web Marketing Experts?

2. Agg

Agg Lord of the Pings

Are you asking about OCAU specifically or for other websites? The Site Discussion forum is for OCAU-specific issues.

3. joshpond

joshpond Member

Not very good. I guess they use a lot of spammy links. I started at page 1 no 4 and am now back on page 4 somewhere. This is since the recent update by Google. The only saving grace is I'm not paying anything unless they get me above 3.

Josh

4. OP
    OP
    hitman0042

hitman0042 Member

Sorry, i meant about their website. Not sure where else to put this thread?

Josh, do you reckon their work is legit or could result in a google ban?

5. Agg

Agg Lord of the Pings

No worries, I've moved it to our more general Internet forum.

Anyway, for the last few months I seem to get these SEO expert emails daily, even from companies claiming to be based in Australia. I replied to one saying "ok then, send me more info" and over a month later a different person from a different company replied to my email with some generic webhosting package info, nothing to do with the SEO stuff mentioned in the original email. So... seems dodgy all round.

6. crag_v

crag_v Member

My understanding is that your website’s online presence (essentially, it’s search ranking, or visibility) could be penalised by Google’s automated anti-cheat system, given the performance of manipulation of PageRank and link manipulation in general are both violations of Google’s Webmaster Guidelines.

Regarding WME in particular, I'm cautious given I understand the above manipulations may be undertaken to achieve the goals advertised, though this isn't clear from their website. I've removed the links I posted previously to several neg reviews given none were my own. Cheers.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2013
  7. Simon Mackay

Simon Mackay New Member

Hi crag V Happy to weigh in on the discussion. Yes there are a number of posts that you mention and we have asked those who have posted to engage with us so that we can validate and address these. Several posts were identified as competitors.To date only one poster has identified themselves as a past client. We are yet to address all the issues but will continue to do so. I welcome anyone to contact me personally if they have concerns or want to ask questions.

Simon Mackay
    General Manager
    WME.

8. joshpond

joshpond Member

I think they are legit, I'm a current client. I did sign up and pay for a year but my ranking went down. They actually made it worse. It did get better at the start but whenever google updated their algorithms I got punished. To me that suggests they might not do the best link building.

I'm still a current client as they have offered no fee until it hits some targets. Probably the only reason I'm staying at the moment. Since then I have recovered some of the lost ground but I'm still not better off with them then I started.

I'm still a client.... for now.

Josh

9. OP
    OP
    hitman0042

hitman0042 Member

Thanks for your feedback guys.

I too am also a recent client of theirs and have had a great experience with them over the couple months.

A lot of the reviews googled suggest otherwise - i just really wanted to know why.

10. VanguardBookkee

VanguardBookkee Member