1. If you're receiving a message that you are banned from the Current Events or Politics forums, it's not you specifically: those forums have been hidden for all users. For more info, see here.
    Dismiss Notice

Weekly meal preppers?

Discussion in 'Geek Food' started by NanoDuke, Apr 12, 2017.

1. NanoDuke

NanoDuke Member

Anyone here do a weekly cookup?

What meals do you guys go for?

2. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Yeah I used to do this. Used to cook up a big curry and divide it into portions for lunches.....also for dinners.

Used to freeze quite a few meals for the week....saves thinking :leet:

Last edited: Apr 13, 2017
  3. krappo

krappo Member

I often do a big Ragu which normally equates to about 15 good size portions straight to the Freezer in glass sealed bowls :)

:D:D:D

4. broccoli

broccoli Member

Anything I make would end up doing me for a week.

The ragu is a good way to go, as well as keeping some sauce, lasagne is a winner. I made a super-yummy one, where I minced the meat myself. It was really good. If you make lots of bechamel, you can also do a macaroni cheese. So, lasagne, macaroni, spag sauce :thumbup:

Curry's another winner, IMO. That excellent chilli con carne that somebody put up was also super yummy. I also made this once, it was very good.
    https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/11259/chicken-and-bean-enchiladas

5. sormuijai

sormuijai Member

I can't do a big pot of something and eat it for the entire week. I usually vary the meals so I don't have to eat the same thing more than 2-3 times.

I.e. I might grill some chicken, but season each piece of chicken differently. I'll make a variety of sides and mix and match. I.e. rice in one, rice and veggies in another, just veggies in the 3rd etc.

Other variation is to do bulk of something, but change the sauce I put into each one. Curry on one, teriyaki on others. Stir through sauces are pretty good for that.

6. broccoli

broccoli Member

That's where the freezer comes in handy. You don't have to polish it all off at the same time.

7. sormuijai

sormuijai Member

My freezer is always full without meal prepping, so freezing a pot of something is never an option for me. I also don't like frozen/defrosted veggies in general. My normal meal prep is 1.5-2hrs on the weekend. That's making breakfast, lunch, dinner and some snacks for 3-4 days a week. Worth the effort to have a good variety of food.

8. GumbyNoTalent

GumbyNoTalent Member

Do up a big spag sauce on weekend.

Spaghetti 2 nites

Tacos or nachos 1 nite

Chuck in some curry powder and add sultanas and pineapple pieces for a savory mince with mash

Thats the week taken care of.

9. caspian

caspian Member

we cook in large amounts and either freeze it off into lunch portions or have a "reload dinner" a couple of nights later. very little prep required which is very nice on a midweek night.

curries
    stews
    spaghetti
    do a big roast on Sunday night
    soup (thicker ones like pumpkin or pea & ham)
    chilli con carne
    or even just bangers and veg... cook for about 6 people and there's 2 days of lunches for work with pretty much zero extra work or mess.

big fan of frozen lunches for work. in an insulated bag they sit on my desk all day until lunch so I don't need to battle for the kitchen fridges, and they're a good ice block for keeping yoghurt and fruit cold too.

10. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Indeed. Spag bols and CCC are two I used to do also.