Weird request - Canberra

Discussion in 'Photography & Video' started by afcca, Oct 4, 2019.

1. afcca

afcca Member

Ok I have a weird request. I'm in Canberra for the weekend with some friends for an event and wasn't able to bring my slr with me, so am wondering if there is anyone in the area who has something that they would be willing to perhaps lend me for a day or two so I could get some snaps of UniNats. Would be looking for something telephoto but obviously I don't want to take anyone's expensive gear or anything like 2 grand lenses etc. I was actually thinking of messaging deftone because I'm actually staying in Sydney but completely forgot and am now actually on the way to Canberra (I met you at a wedding in Toowoomba!)

Is just an idea if someone has something they might be able to throw out there.

Deftone2k likes this.
  2. Deftone2k

Deftone2k In the Darkroom

Hey Mate,

I would have been able to help out for sure with an old kit but its a bit late now I guess. You could try Vanlan who is on the forums here and see if he can help.

Otherwise I may suggest contacting the Uni AV department and seeing if they can loan something out. Alternatively there are some stores that do offer hire options that dont cost too much for a short hire.

Good luck!

3. OP
    OP
    afcca

afcca Member

Thanks for the reply Jack, but unfortunately ran out of time =( Not a lot of the event was covered it seems however I do have a bit of footage on my phone from the performances and a bit of hockey. Street tricks are covered apparently every year by a good setup but there isn't a whole lot of people behind the scenes. No word on where nationals will be held next time but I will be more prepared. Am back in Sydney now.

Here's one for the road off the phone.
    [​IMG]