1. OCAU Merchandise now available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion here.
    Dismiss Notice

[PROJECT] Welded up a wallaby today.

Discussion in 'Other Toys/Hobbies' started by Builds By Baz, May 8, 2016.

1. Builds By Baz

Builds By Baz "Maker of awesome stuff"

Rain rain rain today. I have a few building projects on at the moment but they are all outdoors, so this morning I raided the scrap heap and dug up some rusty old shit.

Spent three hours welding this up this morning. Now to put it somewhere that folks can get a tetanus infection off it..... :lol:

In it is slasher blades, spark plugs, spanner, gate hardware, an old fridge reservoir, steel fence pickets, old brackets, a horseshoe, some agricultural machinery bits, chain, rebar, towing attachment points, bolts, a couple of old tailgate latches and more. Now to leave it in the rain so the rust can take over.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 8, 2016
  2. pelmen

pelmen Member

love it, reminds me of a martian tripod I knocked up from scrap, doubled as a garden seat where it was left years ago, probably rusting away. Also a better scrap art piece than the crap our tax dollars paid for to decorate canberra.

3. broccoli

broccoli Member

Look at her little hands. She's perfect. I'd love a whole mob for my backyard.

4. wraith666

wraith666 Member

Wow Baz got skills.

5. FuzwaldQO

FuzwaldQO Member

That's awesome mate, really cool. I'd love to do similar to have out in our top paddock between us and the road.
    We usually have a whole mob in our paddocks. They don't seem to stop still long enough to get rusty though lol.

6. broccoli

broccoli Member

Unfortunately in the suburbs I don't get any visitors of that type. You used to be able to visit the mob up at Channel Seven, but they've taken that away now. :( Got no roos.

7. Nitephyre

Nitephyre Member

Y'know the first thing I thought when I saw the thread title was :Paranoid:, and then...!

Looks awesome mate! :D

8. psychobunny

psychobunny Member

We have a 17m frontage on our house, residential new estate with the street full of houses, up until 4 months ago we were getting them on our nature strip at 1am

9. pelmen

pelmen Member

looking forward to the baz's "giant croc in the front garden" project, maybe a spitting cobra sprinkler with motion detection/tracking :)