What amp/dac & headphones/speakers are you using?

Discussion in 'PC Audio' started by ajkun, Jan 20, 2012.

1. Bourke

Bourke Member

To Quote them...."Thank you for your recognition to our service".
    Quite frankly i'll say all the right things, jus to not have a f@$king $1200 paperweight, and not due to mis-use, unless you reme the 5min on speaker taps..>_<
    The earpads are a new thicker version, I have to angle one ear in, then the other to get them to fit, still comfortable though.
    Before I could bend out and over and be on second last notch, now on last notch and scraping earpads.

2. Bourke

Bourke Member

pc > 24/96 > spdif > Metrum Menuet > SPL Phonitor >

SENN HD 800s
    The finest expression of these i've ever heard, butter smooth, deep soundstage, odd wide soundstage, a poor recording is like sandpaper but everything else is astounding, and we all know how much I hate these. One of the best Dynamics.

SENN HD 650
    Stunning for the first hour or so, then I had to put them down and go do something else, could be treble knives or glare or something, fatiguing as..Still kings for Value vs Performance.

BEYER DT1990 Pro
    Everything is fun, good bass and details, Bourke theory says the dark signature of the DT's is to help hide the treble knife peaks and help reduce fatigue for long term listening.

BEYER T1's v1
    Classical and high quality instrument rock is great, other stuff gets weird, like it's confused, even when driven with uber gear I can listen for a couple hours and then get bored, all a bit grey or zingy.

MrSpeakers ETHER C
    Instruments and vocals are perfect, soundstage is front and blended nicely, bass is no where to be found, these might be killer for Monitoring.

The SPL is for high impedance, so no Focal, Sony or Hifiman stuff, have still to try LCD-3's, so for other stuff it'll be KRELL KLONE (SS).

Matthew kane likes this.
  3. hawpinghaxbag

hawpinghaxbag Member

Hifimans back in action with new pads and cables, i prefer the sound of my custom IEMs but these are good for ease of use and not having to deal with ear wax

[​IMG]

4. Matthew kane

Matthew kane Member

What custom iems you using?

5. millsy

millsy Member