What Are You Drinking Now

Discussion in 'Geek Grog & Homebrew' started by Bambi_1319, Aug 10, 2007.

1. the_fuzz

the_fuzz Member

Coopers want people to keep thinking that - it makes it seem "special" and "home made" - however, it isn't bottle conditioned. Multiple tests done by the "big 2" confirmed that the yeast added at bottling stage had zero affect on the actual content. However, Coopers is known for this, so why change it.

2. ccmarci

ccmarci Member

Interesting. Do you have any links to any of this? I'd love to put it up on the coopers forum and see what they say over there.

3. the_fuzz

the_fuzz Member

Sorry, my info comes from a family member who was one of the scientist/brewers that did the testing

4. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Rofl....leave the trolls under the bridge (ignore list) where they belong. Time to move along back to reasonable discussion.

5. the_fuzz

the_fuzz Member

lol, say anything "bad" about coopers = you must be a troll. I would expect better from an adult

For the price Coopers sells at, I would take any of the following before touching it
    * Fat Yak
    * Mountain Goat
    * Gage Roads

But if you like boring, plain beer - drink up your coopers PA.....

Last edited: Dec 21, 2017
    Stooge007 likes this.
  6. Stooge007

Stooge007 Member

the Gage Roads Atomic Pale is a solid drop

the_fuzz likes this.
  7. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

Young Henrys Cloudy Cider.

8. Foos

Foos Member

Moon Dog - Old Mate pale.

9. /invariance\

/invariance\ Member

10. JoelyMoley

JoelyMoley Member

Keen to hear some suggestions from people, looking to try some new brews. I'm generally a fan of pale ale's and have been drinking lazy yak and kosciuszko for the past few months, enjoyed some stone & wood at a recent wedding but unfortunately its not as available as id like and im hoping there are some clear contenders to mix it up a bit!

Also interested in tasting some decent entry stouts, any suggestions for a stout noob??

11. theSeekerr

theSeekerr Member

Lots of good stout around, although it's not particularly marketable at this time of year. I've mostly been drinking SA locals, so I'm not sure what gets national distribution.

Unfortunately the only two favourites I can think of from other states are Imperial Stouts, probably not the first choice for a "stout noob" (10%+ ABV), but I'll name them anyhow - Colonial Inquest, and Hawkers Imperial Stout.

Here in SA I've enjoyed the Pirate Life Stout, Fox Hat Phat Mongrel and Full Mongrel, Big Shed x Doctors Orders Dr Shedlove, Prancing Pony Magic Carpet Midnight Ride, Mismatch Chocolate Stout, CVBC Extra Stout, BVB Chocolate Coffee Stout....honestly it's been a while since I had a stout I didn't like (although I can think of one, Woolshed's Bunyip)

12. JoelyMoley

JoelyMoley Member

for anyone that was in the same boat as me about the pale ale, young henrys definitely gets a thumbs up! Very fruity, no bitterness, super easy to go down!

13. Stevros

Stevros Member

I had the Batch Hoppsy Mozy Nitro IPA at the local Craft Beer bar the other arvo. Absolutely outstanding. For anyone unaware, they add nitrogen to the beer to give it a creamy texture, which is seriously delicious. When the beer was first poured, it was like there were 3 layers. The normal beer layer at the bottom, then a cloudy lighter colour in the middle, then the head at the top which looked much thicker than usual. The middle layer quickly disperses into the head of the beer. Any lover of good beer has to make sure they try this one because its an incredible brew.

firey4059 likes this.
  14. Boneman

Boneman Member

Ballantines, need something to warm me up.

15. salmon

salmon Member

Saucy Red, Special batch hoppy red ale, bloody nice paired with a fat juicy steak

16. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Grabbed a six pack of Sapporo tonight for the weekend :thumbup:

17. Madengineer

Madengineer Member

Lately I've been drinking a bit of whisky (varies - been trying a few different ones to see what I like), but walked past a Jim Beam Citrus Highball and oddly enough it caught my interest, so grabbed one to try it.

Gotta say, not bad!

18. BlueRaven

BlueRaven Member

Beer.

Beer good.

(Let no person accuse me of trying to hit 4k posts, because such a thing would be vain and inglorious and totally unlike me).

Coopers beer good.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2018
    Madengineer likes this.
  19. ANZAC_ELITE

ANZAC_ELITE Member

Is good to see this thread lives on, I developed a taste for Becks (Imported) before departing Qld, sadly it is "brewed under supervision" in NZ, today is "shopping in town" day, bound to be a Becks or twelve in my immediate future.

You're still going strong there Mr Chilled, liver not given up the fight yet I see.

10am, time to drive into town

:D

20. Madengineer

Madengineer Member

Currently drinking Pub Squash and Ballantines after my foray into bourbon last night with Blantons... It resulted in me going back to Canadian Club. :(