What Are You Drinking Now

Discussion in 'Geek Grog & Homebrew' started by Bambi_1319, Aug 10, 2007.

1. Phalanx

Phalanx Member

True. Same with the music hottest 100, it's lowest common denominator stuff.

Dan's has the Willie Smith 4 packs of cider for $19 rather than the usual $25, so that's what I'm drinking right now. Sure, expensive per bottle, but so very good!

2. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Just good old trusty Cricketers pale Ale tonight. Just been doing some exterior house painting so this is going down nicely.

3. /invariance\

/invariance\ Member

Got home from work and cracked a Fat Pixie.

4. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Some no name vodka and coke, day off work tomorrow :D

5. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Cricketers Pale Ale after a long 5 day working week :D

6. Smegenstein

Smegenstein Member

Smacked down a couple of Siera Nevada Pale Ales at dinner, still one of my all time favs.

OJR and Hive like this.
  7. Hive

Hive Member

I made a clone of this and bottled the other night... do i wait or drink it now?

von Stalhein likes this.
  8. /invariance\

/invariance\ Member

It is a nice drop, but I will have to wait another year or two for the next holiday to the States.
    $28AUD compared to $10.99USD+tax

9. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

This Monteiths Pale Ale went down in under 120seconds after just doing 3 hours of painting :p

10. chainbolt

chainbolt Member

Deakin Estate Moscato.

Not exactly the finest of all Whites, but fresh & crisp on the palate.

Idiot pic.jpg

von Stalhein, Hive and blankpaper like this.
  11. blankpaper

blankpaper Member

Hahaha that photo.

Tsingtao pure draft cans for me. 500ml cans are great. For beer, I'm easily pleased, I'll drink just about anything and lately I have wanted more light Asian beers.

chainbolt likes this.
  12. chainbolt

chainbolt Member

Have you tried Japanese, e.g Asahi Super? They are not light, strong taste, very much like German beers.

13. blankpaper

blankpaper Member

I Agree. I like Japanese beers but to my tastes are a bit stronger than Chinese (Tsingtao/Snow/Harbin/etc) or other Asian beers (Singha/Tiger/etc). They tend to ruin my appetite a bit but are well suited with Japanese food so who could say no? I do like Sapporo as well, and when in Okinawa always drink Orion. "When in Rome" and all that. I don't speak Japanese and accidentally ordered Orion Zero Free once... first mouthful tastes like apple juice but after that it's not that bad if you just pretend it's a fizzy fruit juice :lol:

chainbolt likes this.
  14. von Stalhein

von Stalhein Member

Please send recipe.

15. chainbolt

chainbolt Member

LOL, the zero should have told you. I still have to find a single zero alco beer that "tastes". Don't blame the Japanese.

16. blankpaper

blankpaper Member

I was just reminiscing about Okinawa looking at photos and in my defense it was Clear Free not Zero Free (Zero Free doesn't exist, I misremembered). I probably just pointed at the wrong one on the menu, oops!

Click to view full size!

As an aside it was from my favourite restaurant in Okinawa. Stumbled upon on it driving past my first time there. They have their own garden out front, sell local farm produce and vegetable seeds. I'm there every time I go back. Japanese food experts probably won't think it's the best out there but I loved it and the overall vibe of the place is a big part of it for me.

Click to view full size!

I think the last time I had an alcohol free beer before that was as an innocent teenager in one of my first times out at a pub. Trying to be all grown up ordering something that sounds good, only for the girl behind the bar to giggle a little when she sees me realise what I ordered :lol:

chainbolt likes this.
  17. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Alc free beer is horrendous. Hated every single one I have ever tried, which admittedly isn't a great many, but enough to know.

18. GTR27

GTR27 Member

Ive been drinking ink gin. Tried it, then for my 40th, got 3 bottles of it from different people. Also got a couple of nice bottles of scotch lol.

I hardly drink (but used to hit it hard in my 20's/early 30s) but every birthday without fail, people buy booze. I must have $2K+ of unopened bottles accumulating in the cupboard lol.

OJR likes this.
  19. chainbolt

chainbolt Member

I just finished an another Australian White. DeBortoli Traminer Riesling. Cheap, shallow, and without substance. But then, it was really a cheap one. Nothing to expect.

Chilled Idiot3.jpg

Hive and GTR27 like this.
  20. blankpaper

blankpaper Member

Not familiar with that wine so had to look it up. You're right, cheap indeed. Not even sure how they'd make a profit on that one.

Click to view full size!

On the 500ml cans again for me :lol: I did a lot of housework today so it hit the spot.

chainbolt likes this.