What colour cable sleeving?

Discussion in 'Modding' started by shazbot83, May 20, 2017.

1. shazbot83

shazbot83 Member

Hey guys, wondering if I could get some opinions on what sleeving colour to go for in my (re)build.

PC is in an Enthoo Evolv ATX (black interior), has a Maximus Hero Alpha (black mostly mobo) and a FE GTX1080, with the green sanded off so the logo illuminates white. I'm changing over to Corsair RGB LED fans and a lighting node pro with RGB LED strips so I can put on fancy light shows to distract me while I'm trying to game.

Initially the colour scheme was red, so I have red sleeved cables and red Corsair Vengeance LED RAM (this is going to be changed out too).

Do I go with white, grey or black for my replacement cables, as I want something that won't clash with the new multicoloured lighting in my rig.

Any suggestions/pics of your builds/etc?

Cheers. :)

2. cesario

cesario Member

Are you looking at going single colour or multi?

Play around with the cable maker to get some ideas

https://choosemypc.net/sleeving/

I have the same case but in anthracite using a gigabte mobo/gpu which is primarily red/black but im making my own cables and using paracord sleeving to go with my hard piped water cooling with red coolant (so red/grey/black theme build)

This is how mine will look
    http://choosemypc.net/sleeving/?p=591fb6b394229
    If I ever changed the fluid colour in the loop I would just change the red sleeving to whatever matches

3. OP
    OP
    shazbot83

shazbot83 Member

The whole plan is to have RGB madness, so I want something that won't clash with the epilepsy inducing rainbow in my pc lol...

4. broccoli

broccoli Member

If you want to hide it, then go black. Black makes something recede. White will be noticeable and you'll see it, but it won't clash with any other colours. You've also got the white light on your graphics card. I think the white-on-black might work and it would look more interesting when you weren't using your lights. I wouldn't choose grey. Find something black and then something white and hold them up where the cables will be and see what you prefer.

5. OP
    OP
    shazbot83

shazbot83 Member

Probably going to go white which was the original plan as it will give some contrast inside the old girl. :D

6. AllezAllez

AllezAllez Member

I went for themed cables with my build.

If I did it again, I'd go black though. Unless you're a cable wrangling genius it's hard to get beautiful looking sleeving action.

Also - I would do them all myself if I did things again. Small things like bending the cables will mean they really should be different lengths to lay flat or to fit in your cable combs really neatly.

7. OP
    OP
    shazbot83

shazbot83 Member

I ended up ordering a white Cablemod kit (same as the current one I have, just white rather than red).

PC looks like this at the moment:

[​IMG]

Also I honestly believe I'm too inept to sleeve my own cables, seeing as half the time I can't even depin PSU connectors lol...

8. broccoli

broccoli Member

I like it. The white reflects the lights, gives a good amount of contrast/interest.

9. OP
    OP
    shazbot83

shazbot83 Member

I need to do some drilling to mount the H115i up front, just terrified that I'll stuff it up. Will post a mini log/gallery once it's all done.

10. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Looking good, I think you've done well. Although all that red might drive you mad after a while :p

11. OP
    OP
    shazbot83

shazbot83 Member

It's all rgb now, including the memory... not sure it was worth the financial investment but still :p

12. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

You only live once, and it's only money :D