What do you feed your dog? (Looking for recommendations)

Discussion in 'Pets & Animals' started by acap, Oct 11, 2018 at 2:51 AM.

1. Sledge

Sledge Member

i give mine a mixture of dry foods, (1 cup in the morning, and one at night) whichever of the 'good' brands is on special when i need to buy it. Plus a few treats every now and then. A dentastix every couple of days, half a bone once a month..
    So far so good.

2. Radley

Radley Member

Sort of, but most of the premium and shitty brands are owned by only a couple of companies. You also shouldn't be changing too much as it can be bad for their stomachs (can give them the sprits) and transitioning from one type to another over a few days is recommended.

3. broccoli

broccoli Member

Only if they've been having something consistently and are used to having only that. If they eat everything, they don't get an upset stomach when they get something "new", because it's all "new".

4. Radley

Radley Member

Does this include books, carpet, sand, newspaper, the wall, the couch, toilet paper, shoes and tea towels?

5. broccoli

broccoli Member

:D I have been lucky with all of my dogs, no chewers of anything that's mine, or anything that's not food. My Harry loved his marrowbones, but he never touched anything else. It must be hard with a chomper, keeping your stuff out of his/her way.

6. GumbyNoTalent

GumbyNoTalent Member

meh everyday I walk my dogs they always ends up eating kangaroo poo, it like some just throw a bunch oh candy on the ground.

7. Radley

Radley Member

Natures candy

8. broccoli

broccoli Member

Luckily, my current dogs don't like cat poo. One of my previous dogs thought it a tasty treat. ewwwww.

9. Arctic_Silver08

Arctic_Silver08 Member

Dogs eating poo can be a problem if they're not getting all the right nutrients as well, so just be mindful.

10. GumbyNoTalent

GumbyNoTalent Member

Asked the vet and she said dogs where healthy and is not against natural instinct, like eating grass to help move things along.