What do you feed your dog? (Looking for recommendations)

Discussion in 'Pets & Animals' started by acap, Oct 11, 2018.

1. supasaiyan

supasaiyan Member

i was recommended to feed my dog one of the Hill's Prescription range, and geez the amount of hoops you need to jump through to buy it is ridiculous. I went to buy it from a chain store, and they wanted me to fill out all these forms just to buy it

firey4059 likes this.
  2. broccoli

broccoli Member

On premium food? On regular supermarket food, you pay no attention to what they might say, they just want to sell the stuff. For the premium food you get at the vet, it's worked out how much they should get.

3. GumbyNoTalent

GumbyNoTalent Member

Vet said my 5 yr old Pug/Terrier x who weights 11kgs should be feed 1/2 cup dry and 100gms wet once a day, and small treat is plenty. If I feed my dog 700gms of wet food a day he would die from obesity.

firey4059 likes this.
  4. broccoli

broccoli Member

Yes, it's crazy. I wouldn't feed all of that to my 2 dogs (one small, one medium).

5. Madengineer

Madengineer Member

I was giving my pupper Optimum which the vet recommended as apparently it's higher in Omega 3 than most other dog foods (which she needed because of skin irritations).

But I'm trying lots of different ones now.

6. scips

scips Member

Checking in, still no idea how much food my whippet eats but hes finally over 14kg and feels more solid in his mid section when before we always joked he would get blown away when it was windy.

Tend to feed him chicken breast or lamb mostly, about 100-150grams a night.
    Eats ??? amount of blackhawk lamb*rice a day, i just fill up the bowl whenever i notice its empty/low. Sometimes i think i fill it daily, other times twice a week.

Massive recommendation: dehydrator and slice chicken up into nice jerky for them, pure chicken nothing else.

acap, firey4059 and Madengineer like this.