What do you hate about your phone?

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones & Devices' started by MoNk{LAH}, Nov 23, 2016.

1. MoNk{LAH}

MoNk{LAH} Member

Simple question : what do you hate about your (current) phone? Got to be still using it right now,, but starting to hate it :)

Form? Screen broken? App crashing?

I'll start.

Phone: Huawei P8 (16gb)
    - Google Maps / NBA League Pass randomly crashes.
    - No NFC
    - No fingerprint scanner

2. Arctic_Silver08

Arctic_Silver08 Member

Phone: iPhone 7 Plus (256GB)
    - Smudges/Finger print marks
    - IOS is a bit boring compared to Android
    - IOS apps seem more buggy

3. Zee

Zee Member

iP6S

I hate the way I can't customise the buttons on the lock screen.I never use the "DND" button, nor the "turn lock" button. EVER. Why can't I replace it with something useful? Like tethering XXXX-ample.

I also hate the way Apple insists on turning tethering off if nothing is tethered, combined with the fact that wifi likes to turn off when the screen is locked - thus switching to the atrocious 3G/4G signals I get at home. Very. Fucking. Annoying.

Why do I still have to jailbreak to be able to change this stuff? Seriously Apple...

Next phone likely to be Android, the 3.5mm jack was the straw that will break the camels back...

OF course, finding the right phone, then rooting it so I can install Vanilla Android to get rid of the bloat crap is almost as bad, but I digress...

Z...

4. connico

connico Member

Phone: Samsung S7 Edge (32gb)
    - Cannot run the phone without a case without fear of the phone slipping from my grasp...
    - Not sapphire Green colour like in the S6..
    - Samsung bloat ware - which I've hidden. Actually fuck it, I want bare bones Android OS

5. power

power Member

One M8

can't justify upgrading it because it's pretty much perfect for what I need - I got a brand new warranty replacement just before it went out of contract. :(

6. Sankari

Sankari Member

HTC One Max.

4-Ultrapixel camera is great for low light conditions, but pretty ordinary overall. Should have been a regular 12MP camera.

7. EclipZ

EclipZ Member

Phone: Huawei Nexus 6P (64GB)
    - Gets a bit warm when running CPU intensive apps
    - Power off only, no Restart option.

Not much else to hate, is great compared to previous handsets I got on plan, was sick of updates being carrier delayed forever.

8. broccoli

broccoli Member

Nothing really. Looking up the internet is a nightmare/slow, but I don't really care that much.

9. SpudBoy

SpudBoy Member

iPhone 6:

iTunes.
    other than that its pretty rock solid compared to my old S3.

10. oculi

oculi Member

galaxy nexus

screen smashed (it took two good drops to concrete before the last big drop without any cracking though so pretty good)

GPS almost always never works

slow and unresponsive (suspect this is an android issue rather than a phone issue)

old

want a HTC something now I think, I like sense.

11. Smoothie

Smoothie Member

Samsung S7-

- pretty much perfect.

But.... Phone is lagging and needed restarting twice now that I've put 15 gig of music on the SD card. Very frustrating.

12. damnation

damnation Member

Samsung Note 3:
    Amazing phone. Dropped over 200 times. About 25 drops ago i got a single hairline screen fracture. Camera doesn't always focus, GPS fails but still a winner of a phone. If you can snap one up new for a good price, go for it! One of the last with removable batteries (started getting half as much battery life and i just replaced it with a $10 battery and voila, like new again).
    EDIT: Had a Otterbox Commuter case on it for most of the drops, the screen broke when i changed to a more slimline case). Going back to and staying with Otterbox cases.

Ordered a Samsung S7 (non edge - i don't go for gimmicks) cause i got it for about $450USD on a black friday say. Will let you know how it goes.

Reason for upgrade:
    New camera looks amazing. New samsung phone.. wanted something smaller than a note, since I have a tablet to do anything more intense like reading.

13. dcyloo

dcyloo Member

Nokia Lumia 930.

Rock solid phone - all the Windows and Microsoft integration services are amazing. Just the lack of app support is the most disappointing thing of the phone.

14. Alfonzo

Alfonzo Member

iPhone 7 normal size

The biggest gripe I have with day to day use is this new version of the fingerprint recognition unlocks the phone too fast for me to activate the screen and just read notifications. I guess the correct way is to use the lock button on the side but with every previous iPhone I've just quick pressed the home button, so it's a formed habit now.

The other thing I don't like is how you can't hide apps away. I don't necessarily want all my apps on display in folders - the App library thing is something I really miss about Android.

15. samus

samus Member

Samsung S7 - The bloat. OMG the bloat.

The fact that i had to buy an app just so I can use the stock Google applications, Calander, Gmail, contacts etc. shat me immensely.

16. Ratzz

Ratzz Member

Nokia 830.

Best phone I've ever had. Love it. I wish I could choose to disable the side buttons though, too easy to hit them in my pocket. Bloody volume keeps going to zero whenever its sitting in my pocket the wrong way and holding the volume button down. Camera keeps taking photos of the inside of my pocket.

A silicon case has helped, given the buttons some protection.. but there are like 3 cases in the world for this phone I think, and they are all crap quality. Can't blame the phone for that.

I can however bitch that if the volume is going to keep changing in my pocket, the damn thing could at least have a vibrator that doesn't feel like a gentle summer breeze passing by. I have 15 year old phones lying around with vibrators any lady would be happy to own.. why is my phone vibrator so anemic? Apparently all 830's have the same problem.

17. BigMah

BigMah New Member

Huawei Mate 8

the default launcher is absolutely cancerous.

18. Narcoticx2

Narcoticx2 Member

Galaxy S4

Cracked glass
    My garmin fitness thing needs to be given permission to access messages every 3 or so days. didn't happen with my old HTC M8.
    Battery life is woeful, due to usage sure but I get half a day on it. I have chargers everywhere and a xiaomi battery for it though so it doesn't matter too much.

Other than that the phone is great.

19. octagonalman

octagonalman Member

Yotaphone 2

Difficult to decide which side is face down
    Overly aggressive unloading of apps and internet tabs

20. PsychoSmiley

PsychoSmiley Member

Hold the power button down for 10 seconds and it does without prompt. Not perfect and obscured but the function is there.