What do you hate about your phone?

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones & Devices' started by MoNk{LAH}, Nov 23, 2016.

1. Slugoid

Slugoid Member

Probably should have quoted below. Some people are ungrateful with what have have:

Last edited: Dec 1, 2016
  2. spludgey

spludgey Member

Xiaomis are actually fairly easy to do. The worst thing is that you have to wait to get your bootloader unlocked after requesting it. You should send the request now, so you can always decide to do it later.

3. elvis

elvis Old school old fool

Please explain to me what the hell gratitude has to do with a phone, or the commercial profit mongering of mega-corporates. Or is this the part where I'm supposed to bow down to people who sell me things and thank them for the privilege of spending my hard earned money, and absolve myself of the right to objectively criticise their products?

I say again: touch interfaces suck. They dramatically slow down productivity and destroy any form of complex communication. Great if you're a teenage girl or meme shitposter. Terrible for anyone who actually has something important to do.

(As for the voting comment - I'm grateful I get to vote. The point is that of the choices we have, the two major parties are shit. That doesn't make voting itself shit, just the choices on option. Ditto for the concept of a mobile computer/phone, versus the market options we have. Yay for computers in your pocket, boo for Apple and Google making terrible interfaces to fast mobile computers).

See my previous rant in this thread about poorly written memory-chewing apps. All of my upgrades have been prompted by said apps refusing to run on previous model phones.

The functionality of an average phone and bundled apps hasn't dramatically increased, and yet the minimum RAM requirements continue going up exponentially. I find the most personally useful things on a phone lately a simple web browser and GPS/maps (mostly so I can find information or directions while on the go), and despite zero enhancements to the basic functionality of those things, my older model phones grind to a halt on these things, forcing said upgrades.

Every other app is merely a point of distraction, destroying my attention span day by day, or a method for someone to contact me while I'm relaxing and asking me to do something for them to their advantage.

Sounds like everyone who was playing Pokemon Go dropped it for a real game in the shape of Sun and Moon, going by sales figures.

All those folks who lost that weight walking around the streets are going to sit on the couch and get fat again.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2016
  4. Supplanter

Supplanter Member

Personal phone: Sony Xperia Z5

The only niggle I can find is that when I get sweaty and the phone is in my pocket with screen facing my leg, my thigh activates the touch screen and randomly switches the task drawer settings on and off, like wifi, torch, airplane mode.

Work phone: iPhone SE

iOS is the most horrible, unintuitive, locked down piece of excrement I have ever had the displeasure of using.

5. power

power Member

No idea, I don't pokeman

6. pezzy

pezzy Member

xperia z5.

phone is great. but google maps/android auto....grrrrr.

7. theSeekerr

theSeekerr Member

Specifically Google Maps with Android Auto, or Maps in general? I've never had an issue with Maps - AFAIC, it's still the killer app of any smartphone.

8. pezzy

pezzy Member

can't really tell to be honest. sometimes maps work flawlessly, but sometimes it shows up the same errors as experienced on android auto. i'm guessing at the very core, maps is the problem.

atm i have to use offline maps if i was to navigate through a route with no tolls on android auto. and i have to pre-load the route on maps before i connect it to my car. i get syncing errors to google when it's full online. use to work perfectly a few updates back. don't know what happened.

9. Supplanter

Supplanter Member

The GPS drops on my Z5 sometimes, which affects google maps//waze/pokemon go. Can last a minute or two.

10. sanjay

sanjay Member

current phone - LG G5

dont like how the battery is small and it isnt waterproof.

love the fact that im running android 7.0 nougat though (unlike a lot of other flagship phones out there).

11. stewbiee

stewbiee Member

iPhone 6s Plus....

Enough said, its an iphone. I want my note 7 back...:(:(:(

12. davality

davality Member

Phone: Huawei Ascend Mate 7
    - No physical home/back/recent buttons.

13. 1800-gumby

1800-gumby Member

Motorola G3

Cons
    No home/back button.
    Had to swap second sim to Kogan (Vodafone) as its only 2G.
    Battery life isn't great.
    Camera is average

Pros
    Waterproof
    Cheap
    Dual sim
    MicroSD
    Clean android

14. Kafoopsy

Kafoopsy Member

Samsung Galaxy S4.

Cons:
    No way to turn off labels off Google Maps app.
    You can pause music even if the phone is locked, but can't unpause it without unlocking.
    Every time I plug in or unplug an auxiliary audio cord, the audio volume drops by almost half.

Pros:
    Way better than the S3, particularly in file transfers to and from computers.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2016
  15. TomJ

TomJ Member

Nexus 6P (OTA 7.1.1)
    *Screen wake seems random sometimes when the accelerometer is activated, I assume
    *It doesn't have double tap to wake like my old Sony Xperia Z2
    *Same finger print reader as the Pixel but not yet updated to work with gestures like the Pixel
    *Gets Very hot sometimes, especially sitting in my car for a while but I've not had any shutdowns as mentioned in other forums

Other than that, USB-C rapid charge, screen quality and size, camera quality (240fps slow-mo), processing speed + Nova Launcher Prime this phone is pretty perfect

Last edited: Jan 4, 2017
  16. grommet80

grommet80 Member

People could vote for Trump in China?