What game do you want to see Ported, Rebooted or made into another Sequel?

Discussion in 'Nintendo Consoles' started by iMomOx3, Mar 22, 2019.

1. elvis

elvis Old school old fool

Sometimes they overcome that by just changing the soundtrack ("Crazy Taxi" PC re-release comes to mind). Sometimes they just can't be stuffed doing even that.

With that said, we're seeing more and more small scale publishers digging up old IP and re-releasing it. The downside there is it's often smaller scale stuff that's been abandoned ("Night Trap" and "Wind Jammers" re-releases come to mind). But nobody's going to be re-releasing a Zelda title other than Nintendo.

Turn the local game music down, pop in your Offspring CD, and listen to that as you play Crazy Taxi?

"YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH"

2. Hater

Hater Member

road rash

3. power

power Member

The correct answer was play it on my Dreamcast -5 retro points are yours. It even plays them fancy retro music cd's and connects directly to CRT's!

FIREWIRE1394 likes this.
  4. FIREWIRE1394

FIREWIRE1394 Member

I was going to post that they should Remake Castle Crashers on switch.

Turns out they already did. And even though I’ve now played the shit out of it on 360 and steam, I’ll probably buy it again because it’s an awesome game, and the switch is the perfect platform.

Also, since we’re requesting remakes, they should remake Link’s awakening, but make it actually good this time.

Edit:

Correct, DC and arcade are the only playable releases.

5. elvis

elvis Old school old fool

Oh sure, I mean I've never played it outside of Dreamcast (ignoring the arcade version). I *think* I even have it on Xbox 360 in a bundle, but have never actually played that particular game from the collection (maybe I should just to see what the new music sounds like, because I actually hate Offspring now).

But I mean, this thread is packed full of stuff like:
    To which the "obvious" answer is "buy a Wii for $35, soft-mod it, play all the GC/Wii Zelda titles that also got re-released on WiiU". But sometimes playing old consoles is difficult for non-nerds (especially if modding is involved). Which is why I get sad when people can't play old games easily.

Ha. You can't resist laying in the slipper on that one, can you? :)

(For the record, I *loved* "wooden block / claymation" Link's Awakening, and thought the remake was brilliant).

6. power

power Member

I admit to also missing a lot of things on their first runs, which means buying old stuff to me, not waiting for a re-release because no matter how re-releases there are there will ALWAYS be stuff missing.

anyone in this thread who missed the GC/Wii/WiiU era and wants to do all that on the cheap - get a Wii U, mod that - enjoy three generations of Nintendo.

I do love a good remake though.

7. FIREWIRE1394

FIREWIRE1394 Member

As someone who owns the Vinyl of the remake you’re talking about... don’t bother.

3B9A1BFA-58AE-4E07-9D66-6677D38C4737.jpeg

Getting the megadrive vinyl was awesome! It had the REAL MUSIC FROM THE GAMES!

getting the Dreamcast vinyl was almost as disappointing as the remakes themselves.
    NONE OF THOSE TRACKS WERE IN CRAZY TAXI!!!

I’ve listened to the Dreamcast one a total of 1 time, I’ve busted out the megadrive one about 10. And I didn’t even like half the games on the megadrive one.

1C9AA22B-6703-4852-8468-BDDF5FB7842E.jpeg

Redo it properly or don’t touch it at all!

elvis likes this.
  8. Queenie

Queenie Member

Golden Sun and rareware titles.

Yeah, Banjo Kazooie.

9. ndt

ndt Member

Body Harvest from the N64 but I think I'd be the only one.

10. JSmithDTV

JSmithDTV Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

JSmith

colmaz likes this.
  11. OhFoRkMe

OhFoRkMe Member

Secret of Mana

They might have made a sequel or something but never seen it.

12. JSmithDTV

JSmithDTV Member