1. Check out OCAU's review of the SpaceX Starlink satellite internet service!
    Dismiss Notice

What Games have you rehashed during lockdown?

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Will S, Sep 21, 2021.

1. Will S

Will S Member

Just Put ACC on...only played it for a few hours previously as I prefer open wheel cars
    Put F1 2021 on.....tried it and had trouble getting things to work, ACC is so much easier to setup and it uses a mouse :)

COD WW2.... tried on both machines and it just won't run

Rage ... having a lot of fun with this on an easy level ( hey, I am not that good at shooters and I prefer to kill than be killed )

pwlm1975 likes this.
  2. Tinian

Tinian Member

FO4 - easy to come back to and this time my plan is to actually explore everything.

I went to reload ACC, but my G27 wheel clearly had a tantrum after being stored for more than a year, so that's going to the tip.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2021
    pwlm1975 likes this.
  3. pwlm1975

pwlm1975 Member

Black Mesa, Superhot for me.

4. power

power Member

what's ACC?

wait, is it Assetto Corsa Competitione or whatever it's called?

Last edited: Sep 21, 2021
  5. OP
    OP
    Will S

Will S Member

Assetto Corsa Competizione ....had to google because couldnt spell it

power and pwlm1975 like this.
  6. power

power Member

I meant to try this, but never got around to it.

I'm not in lockdown either so ya know. Just my usual, finished AC_Odyssey (finally, 100 hours!), Gear 5 and Life is Strange True Colors. heh, no time for replays when that's how far back my backlog is!

7. Spyder6052

Spyder6052 Member

none.... nearly no lock downs, but also "essential"

8. DonutKing

DonutKing Member

Last lockdown I played through Morrowind again.

I used www.openmw.org and this modlist: https://modding-openmw.com/lists/i-heart-vanilla/

Instead of MGE-XE with all the shaders and distant landscapes etc I just wanted more of a HD remaster true to the original - I was pretty happy with the result!

OpenMW is excellent, rock solid, never crashed, performance was great and alt+tab'd without any issue.

pwlm1975 likes this.
  9. havabeer

havabeer Member

really need to play that black mesa, remember going through the first half when it released years ago.

for me booted up kingdom come deliverance now that I can have it play 4k60 consistently with a 3080.

ran through the star craft 2 campaign not that long ago

Smoothie, breno and pwlm1975 like this.
  10. rthy

rthy Member

sc2 co-op, didn't event realised it existed.

11. PsychoSmiley

PsychoSmiley Member

Same. Currently wasting all my PS5 power on Quake in my quiet evening hours when I have the chance.

pwlm1975 likes this.
  12. Lost Property

Lost Property Member

Duke Nukem 3d on Switch.

Smoothie likes this.
  13. James086

James086 Member

Call of Duty Modern Warfare Remastered. I hadn't played a COD game in years so figured I'd try out the nostalgia hit since I've lost the disc for the original game (back when physical media was still a thing). It was ok.

Played through Control again. Much faster this time since I knew what I was doing but I was reminded just how great the setting is. The story is deliberately confusing, it doesn't make much sense on your first playthrough until you've got 10 hours into it and just accepted how weird it is. Would recommend.

Another Nostalgia hit with Mass Effect Legendary Edition. This probably isn't worth it as the updates are pretty minor. Still enjoyed the story though and I was surprised how much I remembered.

Black Mesa. I hadn't played this before, but I had played the original half life. Really good quality considering it started as a mod and the Xen level was great.

14. Cap One

Cap One New Member

Crysis Remastered, looks okay and runs well on a 3080 with DLSS but man the AI is dumb as rocks.

15. rireland

rireland Member

With so many well regarded games available I prefer to try different ones rather than retread old ground. Have appreciated going back for some titles that I missed or overlooked and grown some interest in unexpected genres and developers.

16. Cererus

Cererus Member

Rediscovered one of my favourites from 20 years ago
    Spy spoof "No one lives Forever" 1 & 2 Stealth/FPS
    Now abandonware (sort off) both games have been modernised by some dedicated fans and looks quite good considering

Had very funny dialogue in some parts
    Bad guy: "With all these bullets whizzing about I think I've whizzed my trousers"

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/no-one-lives-forever-modernizer-patch

FIREWIRE1394 and stiben like this.
  17. JSmithDTV

JSmithDTV Member

You should join us in the Retro racing and Retro game of the month... much better than that high-res stuff. ;)

JSmith

18. NismoR31

NismoR31 Member

I have 360 hours on ACC having just surpassed my og DayZ playtime on Steam :Paranoid:. We run league races just about every week. It's one of the best sims around atm!
    F1 games are more arcade than sim & always console first, so the experience is never great.
    Do it! It's awesome.

I went back & played Sleeping Dogs all over again. Definitive Edition this time.

19. Rass

Rass Member

I'm back in GTA5 online. It's filled with trolls, griefers and people using hacks. So pretty much a cross-section of the internet.

JSmithDTV likes this.
  20. OP
    OP
    Will S

Will S Member

thanks for that....the original Crysis was just about the best 1st person shooter I played and I may get the remastered from Steam if they have it

QUOTE="NismoR31, post: 19003549, member: 77414"]I have 360 hours on ACC having just surpassed my og DayZ playtime on Steam :Paranoid:. We run league races just about every week. It's one of the best sims around atm!
    F1 games are more arcade than sim & always console first, so the experience is never great.

Do it! It's awesome.

I went back & played Sleeping Dogs all over again. Definitive Edition this time.[/QUOTE]

I am coming from iRacing ( banned but I think that has finished but not sure I wany to go back ) and open-wheelers and the graphics in ACC just wipe the floor with iRacing

Just learning ACC and brought the Bathurst add on ...no idea on how to set the car up but its Bathurst so its fun....Pity they dont have the Nurb Nord( green hell )

btw: purchased the Mt Pan circuit for Asetto Corsa Comp and enjoyed that even if I am as slow as a rabbit running across the track ( Indy Cars on TV and splat )

Last edited: Sep 23, 2021