What have you done to your PC today?

Discussion in 'Modding' started by brayway, Oct 1, 2010.

1. Davey85

Davey85 Member

Picked up an order yesterday for some water cooling gear for a new loop. Also transfering the case from a thermaltake core x71 to a corsair 275r for a more compact look. Just needing to finish fitting everything again and start on the hardline tubing.

Attached Files:

2. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

To be completely honest I'm not a fan of that case/colour but certainly everything very neat and tidy, good job :thumbup:

3. Plonkydonk

Plonkydonk Member

Updated my home office set-up :p
    From this:
    [​IMG]
    To this:
    [​IMG]

4. ZZ33DD

ZZ33DD Member

Last edited: Sep 6, 2018
    Defyant likes this.
  5. Butcher9_9

Butcher9_9 Member

I just wish there was a standard for Addressable RGBs (that everyone followed). I like the look of the Corsair LL fans but being forced to use their controller is a kick in the nuts.

6. self_slaughter

self_slaughter Member

Even the corsair commander pro can't run LL fans properly.
    Doesn't have the ability to even save a set colour for that many LEDS, so you get rainbow spew until you run their windows app.
    Closest fix I could find was tell corsair link (icue or whatever it is, like the name suggests is dumb as shit) I had 5x ML fans and I get 4 out of 6 LL fans set to a static colour without the need to boot windows or run their trashy app.

I am personally over RGB and just ordered a windowless case to hide everything that refuses to die.
    Wish me luck! :p

[​IMG]

adamsleath and BurningFeetMan like this.
  7. WishBone17

WishBone17 Member

Wow!! Nice man. Goals!

8. Plonkydonk

Plonkydonk Member

Yeah its a work in Progress, just did another update. I swear it is an addiction, I enjoy modding the room more than I do using it for what it is intended for.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. Winterheart

Winterheart Member

Awesome shot of the room, but I have reservations/concerns about publishing the 3 items on left hand desk mat??!! That being said, damned, very jelly! Top work, please keep it up!!! :D :D

10. Plonkydonk

Plonkydonk Member

Yeah true I forgot they were there. They are not real, just 3D prints for mocking up holsters.

11. macktheknife

macktheknife Member

I went to bunnings and bought a moving dolly to help keep my PC off the floor. Also helps move it around.

Slightly smaller version of below. Took me ages to find it though, useless bunnings idiots told me the wrong place three times, all of which were at the other end of the store.

https://www.bunnings.com.au/syneco-580-x-290-x-100mm-movers-dolly_p3962033
    Fits a Define R5 perfectly.

josh1990 and Sanity_Smith like this.
  12. self_slaughter

self_slaughter Member

Haha, yeah they are horribly noisy coolers if you don't set some strict limits. Gave mine to my son and he must of put it on performance mode, because I couldn't hear a damn thing over the top of it!

Ditched my 780tis for a 1080ti recently and finally got around to slapping a water block on it today. Just waiting on pccasegear to come through with a new res and tubing and see how it goes.

Frees up a bit of room in what was a rather crampt 450D. Can finally fit a 2nd set of fans on the poor old monsta 280. :D

[​IMG]

Sanity_Smith likes this.
  13. illdrag0n

illdrag0n Member

14. self_slaughter

self_slaughter Member

Ughh, retrofit is still on hold. Damn card is too long and I don't wanna lose most of my cooling just yet.

Got the new card in the loop now though. But dear god, I cant get it to bleed properly for the life of me.
    Keep hoping it will just force itself through and I'll get that lovely toilet flushing sound at some stage, but no luck yet.

Might drain it and try again... :/ At least I've got the clearance to fit a 2nd set of fans on the monsta now. :)

Some bends are still a bit crap, but ran out of tubing so it is what it is. Temps aren't too bad considering there is bugger all flow while I try get this air out of the system.

[​IMG]

Edit: Gave up and drained the loop and refilled. Can still hear some air in the radiator, but nowhere near as much. She's got a good flow up now, so at least I stand a chance at bleeding the last of it out. :D

Last edited: Oct 20, 2018
    adamsleath likes this.
  15. Defyant

Defyant Member

Added a small vertical test bench to the workshop.... the idea is to have modular panels that the hardware bolts to and i can move them around on the mesh as needed. Then add more panels for atx matx and gpu

The whole mesh panel swings out from the wall to make cable management a little easier... I think once i get a nice sleeved PSU it should look pretty cool.

Also grabbed some cool "pop up" stealthy power boards from bunno's! will add 2 more to the work area over time.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. museumman

museumman Member

on a plane with cocaine & yes im all lit up again
    I dun did start an itx thing :tongue:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Still waiting on my 240SE rad to show before I can tube it all out. Happy enough so far.

Oh, and sliced my finger on my keyboard. Yeah. fun times.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2018
  17. /invariance\

/invariance\ Member

How the hell did you manage that?
    is it a Razor? BOOM TISH!

mad_mic3 and josh1990 like this.
  18. museumman

museumman Member

Cougar 600K. The gold print. Its like aluminium plated to gold colour. like half the thickness of a coke can. It peeled off in the heat im guessing. Hit F5 and got cut :lol:

19. museumman

museumman Member

This forum needs some action so this is what I got up to this afternoon into this evening.

My EKWB 240SE radiator showed up today so I got that fitted and found I had to reroute some wiring. Its tight. Like, RFT.

I had an idea for the front last nite after cleaning out an old box in my cupboard and found 2 x old MNPCtech Honeycomb grilles. The grilles were shot but I had an old section of crimsafe mesh in the garage and worked that in as well as ghettoing a tube through from the meshed area to the fan centre, I'll be running XSPC RGB fans so the ring should sit just inside the lip of the tunnel to be seen thru the mesh.

Trying to recycle as much stuff as I can in this build. I have an old aluminium LianLi sitting beside me thats donating its floor panel for another mod for the rear fans on the 250D to somewhat match the front look and make these Noctua 80mms I have coming look good. :)

Pics : 250D MNPC mod frt 002.jpg 250D MNPC mod frt 003.jpg 250D MNPC mod frt 001.jpg 250D internal pre piped.jpg

Defyant and adamsleath like this.
  20. Defyant

Defyant Member

Decided to go vertical and put one of my diy brackets to use.

[​IMG]

mad_mic3, Ratzz, Tazor and 1 other person like this.