What have you done to your PC today?

Discussion in 'Modding' started by brayway, Oct 1, 2010.

1. Dr Evil

Dr Evil Member

With a build that tight & neat I imagine your fingers are more bone then flesh. Eh it'll grow back and that build looks awesome :thumbup:

museumman likes this.
  2. museumman

museumman Member

on a plane with cocaine & yes im all lit up again
    Its not tight enough if ya dont bleed :lol:

And thanks. Vert mounting the GPU.

3. emmjawsX

emmjawsX Member

After some more experience: cable management will never be done. This thing has negative cable management. Hence only right side shown for now. My x399 board is in rma so i did redo it with my old z170 stuff though. Have some more zmt, fittings and a different res on order to tidy it up some more. The super long tube from cpu -> res is so it can rotate up for filling.

[​IMG]

macktheknife likes this.
  4. museumman

museumman Member

on a plane with cocaine & yes im all lit up again
  5. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

museumman likes this.
  6. T4orce

T4orce Member

So, for a long time I've loved wood grain and plywood attached to panels but vinyl can look quite good too. This is some walnut vinyl I've gotten on Ebay years ago applied to a used 1080ti that came with a Phanteks Block. After a block clean and hand cutting the vinyl came out a treat.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Also I've been designing a front grill for my PC-011 Dynamic for a future build ;)

Dr Evil likes this.
  7. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Added Edifier speakers. Only on the cheap end of the scale but pretty decent for the price, quite surprised.

20201217_160329.jpg

Defyant likes this.
  8. Elmf

Elmf Member

Not my style but looks like you did a great job of it! Clean.

T4orce likes this.
  9. rthy

rthy Member

Can't seem to get over 3.8ghz reliable at 1.35v on a ryzen1700
    have tried 3.9-3.825 at 1.45-1.3v but crashing with in 20 seconds of cbr15

any tips?

10. ozz

ozz Member

up your north bridge speed

rthy and mad_mic3 like this.
  11. m3k

m3k Member

i love these for my home cinema setup

MR CHILLED likes this.
  12. rthy

rthy Member

Its at 2800 atm, have tried 2933, might give 3200 another go, but wasn't stable in dual channel with 3.4ghz

13. Deano_20802

Deano_20802 Member

Very tidy and unique :thumbup:

They look good for the price. I picked up a mid range Edifier 2.1 set years ago for the main PC. I rarely use them now, but they punch above their weight, I'm very happy with them.

MR CHILLED likes this.
  14. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Got them for $129 (del) too, on special. It's early days yet but if I'm impressed enough I'll go some of the more exxy ones.

Deano_20802 likes this.
  15. flu!d

flu!d Never perfect, always genuine

I've got a fairly sizeable set of Edifer 2.1 speakers that I got cheap as they didn't have the remote to go with the amp (which has three inputs including optical), the damn things rock! Well worth the money I paid for them.

And I definitely don't need the remote.

16. Skramit

Skramit Member

Installed the EK 360 AIO today top mounted with the included RGB fans... and 3 x 140mm Arctic Fans for front intake. All to combat the heat of the 3080. Airflow has gone up and noise has gone down so I’m very happy with the result.

The EK AIO is silent too and I thought the cpu block looked a bit cheap out of the box with the white plastic shroud but when it’s lit up with colour it’s quite nice and I’m happy with it. BF366C1A-A72F-45C8-943C-B35701283FE2.jpeg

Last edited: Dec 30, 2020
  17. Madchimp

Madchimp Member

Where did you get the power cable spacers?

18. Ratzz

Ratzz Member

Very tidy indeed. I had a hell of a time trying to apply (iron on) wood veneer on my mdf case, I just could'nt get the shit to stay flat. No matter how careful I was, with extreme cleaning of the mdf before the application, it would look superb the day I applied it, but the next day it would have bubbles.

I might try the vinyl contact that you'v udef. One thing concermd me though. What are your thoughts regarding durability?

Honestly, the best thing I can suggest is upgrade the CPU. The first zen was certainly a disrupter, core count suddenly became a thing, most people had been happy enough with the extra cores.
    Sadly the first gen wasn't really much good for anything but multi core benchmarks. It certainly changed the directiom CPU's were heading though, in a big way.

Your results are about middle of the road, you may not be able to do better unfortunately. Are you using the stock cooler? All zen chips respond very well to better cooling. If you are using the stock cooler (Wrsith Spire) then then the first thng I'd do would be to stick a 280mm AIO on it, see what happens.

If a better cooler comes along and its still not performing well enough, the cooler won't go astray for an upgraded CPU, so not a total loss. Just remember if you buy a later model CPU (I'd suggest a 2700X) to update the BIOS to the latest version, using your current CPU before installing a new CPU.

I hope this info is useful to you. Good Luck !

Last edited: Jan 3, 2021
  19. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

They come with the cable kits.

20. rthy

rthy Member

Thanks, Have pretty much given up going over 3.8 as the performance is adequate and much better than oem.
    The MB can support 3rd gen so when the 3600 price goes down ill bite