1. OCAU Merchandise now available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion here.
    Dismiss Notice

What kind of mining set up are you runnning?

Discussion in 'Blockchain & Cryptocurrency Mining' started by DarkStyle, Dec 11, 2017.

1. duck_boy

duck_boy Member

Build this for now 6 gtx 1070ti and 1 gtx 1070 mini you have the cards for that right now. Do you have all the riser on hand? and m2 to PCIe? if you don't, run 6 GTx 1070ti that 3060 sol/s right there $17 ish a day lol.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2018
  2. aussie-revhead

aussie-revhead Member

I have 2 mobos and 16 risers, I was going to keep the 6x 1070Ti's together and 8x1070 on the other rig, then have to source another mobo (maybe another h270-plus).

:)

3. koss

koss Member

What's a good GPU temp to aim for? I am using MSI Afterburner to control the fans and power level, just don't know what temp to set it.

4. duck_boy

duck_boy Member

There is one forsale in the forsale section.

Yeah but at the moment you don't have all the gtx 1070 with you so run 6 gtx1070ti and 1 on gtx 1070. One you have all the other part shift them. You don't make money went your cards sitting in the box.

Try to aim for under 70 degrees. On a warm day my gtx1070tis run between 59-65. Hot day 69. Fam speed is 70%.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2018
  5. Hater

Hater Member

My Ti is at 70/71 on a stinker of a day, my 1070 runs at 55 :)

Ti never ramps up beyond 50% fan speed tho even at 74

6. koss

koss Member

Hmm.. my Asus 1060 3GB was always trying to get over 80C unless I kept the fans over 80%, that's mining Zcash, it was noticeably cooler mining ETH. I have turned down the power level in MSI Afterburner so It's only doing 260Sols/s and the temp is down to 69C with fan at 77%. Not sure why it runs so hot on stock settings compared to temps other people are reporting here.

7. duck_boy

duck_boy Member

Bad heatsink contact.

8. JoelyMoley

JoelyMoley Member

im very quickly understanding why open-air rigs are so popular... even with a setup as simple as mine, god damn its hard to control temps in an average consumer case! (don't get me wrong im probably being fairly unrealistic with my target temps but regardless, its amazing the difference that adding 1 extra 1080ti makes..) i just can't seem to pump enough air out of the damn case!

9. shredder

shredder Member

Heck yeah. Especially with high end power sucking cards. You got the airflow dynamics of all the case walls, causing hot air bouncing around all over the place, regardless of what you do. In my experience 1 card is manageable in a normal closed case but beyond that I just wouldn't, unless your ambient is pretty cold.

JoelyMoley likes this.
  10. bumography

bumography Member

My mining rig is in a room thats about 3x2.
    I can feel the heat from it outside the room even! haha

11. aussie-revhead

aussie-revhead Member

Hey mate, the biggest fuse I can see in the house meter box is 100A, I have a small fusebox in the garage but I can't read what the circuit breakers are rated at.

:)

12. JoelyMoley

JoelyMoley Member

im actually contemplating buying a Thermaltake P5 Core case, looks like it might be the perfect compromise between an open air and closed case.

[​IMG]

13. im late

im late Member

I love open air, but over time dust will of course settle so regular maintenance is required...still open air rocks over case..once going multiple GPUs.

14. JoelyMoley

JoelyMoley Member

only needs to house 2x 1080ti's, can't see myself investing any more cash in foreseeable future, if i was to decide to get more cards i would definitely be looking to invest into an open air rig. That core 5 just seems like a nice in-between.

15. qwijibo

qwijibo Member

Which miner you using, and what power limit you got that set to? I'm running my Asus 1060 3G (dual fan) @ 65% power +150C/+500M, 75% fan - results in 280 sol/sec @ 54C. If I crank it up to 85%, it'll hit 315 sol/sec @ 65C.

Using DSTM instead of EWBF seemed to make a decent sol/sec improvement on the 1060, 1070, and a lesser improvement on 1080ti.

16. Commie_Mike

Commie_Mike Member

Sorry to hijack the thread, just started mining with the gaming rig (1600x + 1070) and looking to have my dual xeon workstation mining monero when it's not doing anything else. I tried minergate for a day but read that it's basically a scam. I'm wondering if there's any other pools that do merged mining? I really like the idea of mining two coins for the price of one.

17. duck_boy

duck_boy Member

I swap over to DSTM because EWBF devfee is crazy way more than 2%. I can reroute the fee to my address but, I choose to pay but on at the rate in EWBF.

What do mean merged mine? Dual mine? The only miner that can do dual mine is claymore dualmine and you can only do with a few limit crypto eg ETH and siacion, ETH and pascal etc. Dual mine is not free, it will make your gpus run harder, hotter, reduce hash rate on both crypto, and use more electricity.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2018
  18. 426

426 Member

merged mining is a bit different.
    with some pools, on some algorithms, you can mine different coins with the same algo at the same time.

19. JoelyMoley

JoelyMoley Member

pulled the trigger last night on one of these and an extra pcie riser, hopefully, it makes managing temps a little easier. Its a shame, i really love my inwin 509... shame its just not suited to mining more than one card :(

20. markpunti

markpunti Member

Sounds to me like your board needs to be upgraded if it has a fusebox and no circuit breakers. You'll find that the main fuse you're describing is your service fuse which is most likely protecting 6mm cable for an old fuse board. I wouldn't put more than 40A through 6mm at best case.

Looks like you'll need to upgrade your board if you want to get serious about mining at home.