What kind of mining set up are you runnning?

Discussion in 'Blockchain & Cryptocurrency Mining' started by DarkStyle, Dec 11, 2017.

1. gmturner

gmturner Member

umm that rig i talked about has 3 1070ti's, a rx570 and 2 rx580's. rx570's usually do about 27mh's for about 110w dont they?

2. gmturner

gmturner Member

i just checked my rx570's and they are doing 130w @ 27mhs. but im sure that can be improved, i havent played with voltages because i dont know how. am just running windows 10 and copied straps like yourself. you could benefit possibly from running a custom OS like ethOS i reckon. i havent used them because i dont think they can do amd+nvidia rigs. Been eyeing off some more rx570's to do a rx570 only rig but at the moment any money i have would be better invested straight into coins at these lows i reckon.

3. 426

426 Member

Guys, regarding your RX cards, just do the straps (PBE one click on the newer versions is usually pretty good), leave the rest of the bios as is.
    Regarding voltages, on windows, use Overdriventool. You can script it in a batch file, plenty of examples with a bit of google.

My 570s I've got running at 880-900mv core (@1230-1250), 850-900 mem (@ 1950-2050 mhz depending on card/algo)

Those voltages should have your 6 card rigs <=700W @ the wall on eth, about 600W on cryptonight algos.
    Maybe a tad over if you have to go 900mv core/mem on all cards, but way better than stock voltages.

4. Gunna

Gunna Member

so in MSI afterburner I have the core clock at 1150 and the memory at 2010. Still pull 1050 at the wall

5. 426

426 Member

Dump afterburner (or use it only for fan curve if you want)

Use overdriventool (its called exactly this) and set your pstate voltages to 900 (start here and work backwards)
    You can use it to set clocks too. I had issues setting voltages stably with afterburner/trixx. Ended up using claymore settings for voltages/speed and using trixx only for fan curves.

Now I just use overdriventool for everything, and they been running no probs like this since December.

Overdriventool....its great.

6. gmturner

gmturner Member

Do you use stock bios with that? My cards with modded bios the settings won't apply with overdriven. Works great on my Vega 64s though.

7. 426

426 Member

The bios are "stock", being that they are the original bios, with only the 1750 and quicker straps modified (Samsung=ubermix 3.1, Elpidas with the PBE one click settings).

I only ever use the original bios with strap modified only, nothing else altered.
    Using 18.3.6 drivers for CN heavy/heavy variants, and 18.6.1 for anything else.

8. koss

koss Member

Got an email from Bitmain this arvo saying they want KYC verification before you can buy any of their miners.

WTF since when do Asian hardware companies have to ask for KYC?

I have bought off them in the past.

Next you will need KYC to buy a video card.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2018
  9. Gunna

Gunna Member

It's hardware not financial trading jebus

10. shredder

shredder Member

'Sif buy their crap these days anyway.

11. koss

koss Member

12. douver

douver Member

Most likely China is just making sure they know who inside China is mining crypto (for taxation purposes), as Bitmain accept payment with crypto it could be hard to track otherwise. And to be fair you effectively can't buy anything in the supposedly free US or the West generally without KYC either, its just generally at the payment processor level (even for crypto...).

13. koss

koss Member

Bitmain knows who and where they are selling their mining hardware to, because they have to ship it there, through customs etc.

14. douver

douver Member

Is this just trolling? Why have you even brought up this topic if you think they already have the information accurately?

15. koss

koss Member

The question is quite obviously, why are Bitmain doing it?
    The top hardware manufacturer of crypto mining ASICs suddenly requires KYC.
    That's news in the crypto space. Bitmain is not just some small player, their gear represents most of the Bitcoin hash rate.

16. fad

fad Member

Who knows what is going on in China.

On another note they are voting on a few things for etherum, relating to block rewards.

It’s interesting that they are looking at pow changes to remove asic. I doubt there is much asic hash power. They have only released a few thousand miners. I would have thought the huge hash increase would have been from the 300mil worth of cards sold by Nvidia or Amd.

17. Gunna

Gunna Member

So I have shut my rig down. The money I can make from selling my excess power from solar it far greater than the return I can get from mining in the same period. Until the market bounces back I cannot see me considering turning it back on

18. koss

koss Member

Makes sense, I guess it depends if you are trying to accumulate crypto, or just selling it after it's been mined.
    The people that mined ETH and ZEC last year when they were $10 would be laughing now. To replace those mined coins now would cost an order of magnitude more.

19. shredder

shredder Member

Mining is trading, just another form of it. Mining power is traded for tokens. Those tokens can be traded for different tokens, at any given time, if chosen.

You can mine tokens directly and keep them. Or you can mine all ETH and trade those ETH for different things to hold.

The micro-economics of which path through the labyrinth is the best, is a technicality.

Ultimately (in principle) it all comes down to playing the market, with a mixture of applied intellect and pot luck.

That principle holds true whether you're mining, buying, trading, whatever.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2018
  20. NerfDude

NerfDude Member

If you think the market is going to bounce back then why are you not continuing to mine ? Even at night when you are not exporting power?