1. OCAU Merchandise now available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion here.
    Dismiss Notice

what pet eat house cricket?

Discussion in 'Pets & Animals' started by FinancialWar, Feb 16, 2013.

1. OP
    OP
    FinancialWar

FinancialWar (Banned or Deleted)

Thanks, will take more care in the future. Most of the most were done in bed while I was half asleep on my phone via Tapatalk, auto-correct's bitch.

2. The Wolf

The Wolf Member

And what do you intend to keep as a pet when your house is then full of lizards?

Last edited: Feb 16, 2013
  3. tompee

tompee Member

The crickets are not breeding in your house.
    They're getting in somehow. You can fix that.

But I hope everyone realises FinancialWar is a troll. Half the posts in this thread make that pretty obvious.

4. Spyder6052

Spyder6052 Member

you should NEVER EVER EVER EVER be allowed to own ANY pet, and for the love of god please dont breed

5. cbb1935

cbb1935 Guest

Obvious troll is obvious.
    Obvious ban is probably not too far away either.

As all Australian lizards are protected species in Australia, it may be illegal in your state to own one.

Not to mention there are strict regulations on owning them.

Either way the answer is clear:
    http://lmgtfy.com/?q=pest+control+sydney+crickets

6. OP
    OP
    FinancialWar

I live in NSW and blue tongue is legal and class 1 licence isn't too hard to get. So I don't know why are you going to threaten me?

7. DarkForceMage

DarkForceMage Member

Get a pet scorpion. :D

8. cbb1935

cbb1935 Guest

I not go threaten you.

Best idea would be to get one, and get yourself a lizard leash, and take it for walkies around the backyard, eating all the crickets.

Only a few problems with this:
    1. Crickets are generally out of a night.
    2. They are generally outside insects, as they don't like living in houses (or units for that matter either), or anywhere where a shoe is around.

9. Sandez

Sandez Member

Bearded dragons. Class 1 licenses are incredibly easy to get- from memory they were $20 (about 10 years ago). I imagine they would have kept pace with inflation.

10. OP
    OP
    FinancialWar

bearded dragon vs blue tongue?

which is better at hunting crickets?

11. warrenr

warrenr Member

my long neck turtle loves em

He/she is trained too (if you can call walking past the tank and the turtle following you for food is training :p )

Are you asking for a pet which you can train to hunt? as initially you wanted a pet to feed the crickets to?

Last edited: Feb 16, 2013
  12. OP
    OP
    FinancialWar

why not? Daytime, the lizard will sleep in the tank, at night I will let it go free around in the house and eat up all the noisy crickets. Do they go into hibernation in winter BTW?

13. slavewone

slavewone Member

Huntsman spiders love crickets and they also suck all their liquid out. Powdered crickets are much easier to vacuum up. Didn't appear to be at all interested in the cockroach, actually let him escape.

That said, the wife hates spiders, so i have to keep the huntsman in an enclosure outside and catch the crickets myself, which kind of makes the spider redundant. However, i get to feed the spider this way.

14. Dass Booty

Dass Booty Member

Is your house filled with crickets or are they making noise outside your home? Keeping a chook or lizard inside will get very messy. I would rather replace fly screen instead of cleaning up shit..

You could try some sort of insect catcher.

15. RobRoySyd

RobRoySyd Member

I don't think you can buy the particular species that took up residence in our premises. Sorry I don't know the name of the species. It was around 250mm long, smooth dark grey body with a couple of thin yellow stripes. Looked not that much different to the common garden skinks except bigger.

They were quite common around the Artarmon industrial estate. We'd actually rescued this guy and put him outside in the scrub but he'd come back, obviously found our premises an ideal home. He could easily get out under the door anyway.

16. OP
    OP
    FinancialWar

why are the beard dragon so expensive. Rats only $5 each, the dragon $300 above? Since when do reptile worth more than mammals? Can I get a baby one for under $20?

17. XandraX

XandraX Member

In the remote possibility that you aren't a troll...

Don't get a native lizard. You clearly don't know anything about them and you'll kill them. They can't hunt crickets indoors effectively anyway, they can't fit into the crevices that crickets will hide in.

I reckon if I had 20 crickets in my house, my lizards (blue tongue and bearded dragon) would be able to catch one per week, if they happened to be stupid enough to hop out into the open.

18. cbb1935

cbb1935 Guest

Yeah, obvious troll is REALLY obvious now.

19. OP
    OP
    FinancialWar

why do you call people troll? Do you like teasing people. Just because my idea is unique or I think differently, no need to use derogatory language, or label people.

One of the most important I learnt in Australia is tolerance, so I will not say bad thing to you back.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2013
  20. Pinkeh

Pinkeh Member

If you spend as much effort on a search engine as you do on the forums, you have answers to most of your questions already.

Seriously, you want an answer as to why rats cost less than a native Australian reptile? :rolleyes: