1. Win some Team Group goodies in OCAU's latest contest!
    Dismiss Notice

What Retro Console Activity did you get up to today

Discussion in 'Retro & Arcade' started by Daft_Munt, Oct 19, 2014.

1. power

power Member

i went on a bit of a wii spree and bought a few motion plus controllers. i now have mario, luigi, toad (i think it was toad), black and the gold zelda one (in the skyward sword bundle). i bought a nice bundle from here which had an it a black wii which i then had modded with a wiidual (this bundle is what kickstarted me getting back into the wii). i also have a nice powered sensor bar (thanks to WuZMoT's tip for that because i was moving it back and forth between the wii u and the wii like an idiot. also have a few physical discs because i dunno reasons as the console itself is softmodded and has a hdd hanging off it. i really do like the wii but have never been super happy with the output. also have a couple pro controllers which i don't hate (black and gold).

oh yeah, so i recommend getting a wii while they are crazy cheap you will have so many games to try out it's not funny plus access to the gamecube library once softmodded. i went a little nuts here and have some of those wii u gc aftermarket controllers (which have a great C Stick) and a couple of the last round of brand new Smash controllers.

Vanne likes this.
  2. bolex17

bolex17 Member

Have been on a real NES binge lately.

Decided to install a red LED into my AV Famicom
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Also picked up a Everdrive N8, another game I can finally play without having to take out a mortgage :p
    [​IMG]

MrMaestro, Daft_Munt, elvis and 5 others like this.
  3. OP
    OP
    Daft_Munt

Daft_Munt Member

Found an old storage box, 2 busted PAL Saturns (PSU and CD ROM) and a (boxed, badly) PAL Dreamcast with NTSC-J PSU, along with old PC shite. Thankfully I tagged most of it.

FIREWIRE1394, Vanne and qwertylesh like this.
  4. genxor

genxor Member

Always good to find a box of treasures! Especially saturns. Picopsu time?

That AV famicom looks SO good

5. elvis

elvis Old school old fool

Unsure if I can be stuffed putting a NES-RGB into my AV Famicom. These days I spend more time playing via MiSTer than real hardware.

6. Vanne

Vanne Member

Cool, but how do you /find/ a storage box? Misplaced it a while back? Or is it like that TV show where they bust open storage lockers ..?

7. qwertylesh

qwertylesh Member

I got some c64 accessories somewhere in storage.. no point finding it with no c64 to use it on

8. FIREWIRE1394

FIREWIRE1394 Member

You have much to learn about the art of hoarding junk!!!
    It's possible he misplaced a box a while back IN a storage locker.

I have 3 sheds, you think I can remember all the crap in each one? and then when other people start storing their piles, it all gets mixed up.
    So then you go to sort the crap, and find stuff you forgot about a long time ago in a place you'd never put it!
    and once the crap is sorted, and there's a space, someone else dumps more crap in the cleared space, so you can never find anything.

Related to digging of storage stuff.. I have to move 5 billion tonnes of shit to get to my Dreamcast ATM.
    So just gonna play Shenmue (and 2) on PS4 to save me all the effort, and only playing crazy taxi once it's dug out anyway!

Vanne likes this.
  9. OP
    OP
    Daft_Munt

Daft_Munt Member

It was stashed in a cupboard. I knew it was there, just not exactly what was in there, 2 mobo, CPU, and RAM combos I did forget about. So I now have 3 stuffed Saturns, so I should look at the Pico PSU.

10. elvis

genxor likes this.
  11. genxor

genxor Member

Woah! Sold out already haha

12. shredder

shredder Member

"insta carpal tunnel" as one commenter put it :lol:

elvis likes this.
  13. elvis

So I'm going through hundreds of SNES floppy drive backups from my Super Wild Card days. Anything where the game has a bad checksum is loaded up in Higan and checked. Slow and painful.

And what do I find? Obnoxious 90s intros galore. Ever wonder why "No-Intro" ROM sets are called that?