What to do with baby possum

Discussion in 'Pets & Animals' started by TRG.dOinK, Sep 19, 2006.

1. TRG.dOinK

TRG.dOinK Member

Hey fellas,

Been a busy night for me, got home around 6pm, went to pick up car from mechanics, home by 7. Get ready to go to gym, start to leave, open front door, find cat with some animal... a baby possum.

Im like wtf cat, get off, and chucked her inside and listened to her meows.

Anyways after a few attempts i finally got the baby possum into this box. I was trying to make him go into the box with my hand (well so he could only go in one direction) in which he bit me in the inside of my hand, but no skin seems percied/bleeding, so im assuming im ok and dont have anything. Was a little baby kind of a bite. :Paranoid:

Anyways, now I put some clothes in the box, and we put a cloth over him, and i went off to the gym. I came back and hes moved and seems to be sleeping curled around.

I dont know what possums eat though. Nuts/gum leaves? I think I might get mum to drop him off at the rspca tomorrow, or maybe I should let him go at the park (although i dont know if he can climb?).

Anyways im off to eat dinner at 9.30. I need some early sleep, gotta fill car too, gargh.

2. Shamrock

Shamrock Member

check the possum for injuries, if your cat bit it, it will most likley develop an infection/ absys, i would contact you local vet and see if they will look at it, they should then be able to deal with it from there for you.

3. kogi

kogi Member

4. blakeyboysmith

blakeyboysmith Member

if he is still young i don't think it would be wise to let him go free in the wild. i think it is a much better option to fatten it up then put it in some sort of marinade and bbq it...but not well done.. then serve with a garden salad.

5. Belgarath

Belgarath Member

6. brycer

brycer Member

{Ma Baker Edit: That just earnt you a 24hr ban}

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 20, 2006