What to look for in a food processor?

Discussion in 'Geek Food' started by antipody, May 21, 2008.

1. Gaz

Gaz Member

we had a robot coup at my old work that thing would chop up anything!
    http://www.robot-coupe.com
    not sure on the price or where to get one however.

2. MyDixiesNormous

MyDixiesNormous Member

Buy an ex-commercial one. Commercial food equipment comes up all the time on the various auction sites (im not talking about ebay btw).

3. Chunks

Chunks Member

Last edited: Jun 11, 2011
  4. connico

connico Member

Which websites are you talking about?? All i know are grays and lawsons?

5. MyDixiesNormous

MyDixiesNormous Member

Im not familiar with any auctions up in syd. Ive been attending auctions for work long before any of this online stuff came along. If you want to pick up a bargin attend the room or onsite auctions. If your prepared to wait you can pick up some amazing stuff.

Be very carefull with the buyers premium and gst. Grays are the worst when it comes to that, im talking an extra 25% on top of the hammer price. Their postage rates are rather high as well. As soon as they started to adverts on ACA and TT they went to shit.

Just do your research, I cant tell you the number of stories where people have paid many many times the retail value for a used clapped out piece of crap. The worst one was someone paying $650 for a winch that was selling on ebay for just over $100 delivered.

6. salmon

salmon Member

I have a robot coup'e R2 that i got with all attachments from a cafe owner who
    went bankrupt so i only payed $500 for it and it was only 2 years old and they never really used it RRP over 2 grand

7. Chunks

Chunks Member

I went into Victorias Basement today to buy a Cuisinart Duet. When I got to see it in person I was surprised how small the bowl was. I thought it was the same model I've used in the past.

So instead I bought this for $199

This thing is solid and feels as though it has the grunt of the robot coupe we use at work. It also comes with a juice extractor which I used this afternoon to good effect. The whisking attachment looks like it'll do a great job. The bowl is massive! Comes with a blender also.

</thread>

8. OP
    OP
    antipody

antipody Member

How's that Tefal going for you now?

Our Breville died recently so it's time to get a new one. That thing looks like the goods.