What wall socket do I need for NBN?

Discussion in 'Networking, Telephony & Internet' started by Ap0c, Jun 13, 2020.

1. Mace

Mace Member

That was two weeks ago mate, how did you go?

2. OP
    OP
    Ap0c

Ap0c Member

Well.....I had another taxi driver tech come out. I had preinformed them that a line needed to be run to the street but the tech had no idea about that, fucking hopeless *****.

Anyway he wasn’t going to do it and wanted me to book ANOTHER appointment with a cherry picker to run the line (because the lines passed through trees on the nature strip) but I wasn’t having any of that!

So I bullied him into doing it and said “look mate I’m not taking a 3rd day off work for this fucking shit, I was assured over the phone that it would be able to get done today” I asked if he had the telephone line in his van to which he said yes and I go “ok well we’re doing this then!”

I got a ladder out and a saber saw and cut down half the tree on the nature strip so the lines weren’t passing through any branches and we got it done!

BUT.....

He discovered that there is an issue with the fibre line in the street and I’m not getting any connection so now I need to wait for NBN.co to fix it. Bloody nightmare!!

3. Pugs

Pugs Member

ouch that sucks man... on the bright side you are getting closer...

4. power

power Member

well i guess that's progress of some sort, lol

Pugs likes this.
  5. Nobby6

Nobby6 Member

I thought as much... it's not policy.... so any NBN/Telstra tech not installing an NTD in a new install is not doing their job, plain and simple.
    and its not what the trainer wants to tells them its what NBN/Telstra mandate.

and why wouldnt the troops no the ground have not heard of it, you said a few posts back we should have been doing it for years...

make your mind up.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2020
  6. bucket23

bucket23 Member

Any tech should do what the person paying them is telling them to do. I'll have a chat to get ACMA to remind NBN of their requirements. Not that it matters anyway, fttc, hfc and fttp have nbn responsible into the premises ntd. Seems a waste of money to install a passive ntd box rather than a madison box. FTTN isn't getting installed into new developments (unless the developer hasn't paid the money to nbn), however I'm sure there will be a few of them that do become fttn.

7. Nobby6

Nobby6 Member

lol dude, your full of it. I suggest you leave the bottle alone

Telstra and NBN set the network rules, no registered cabler is going to install an NTD on a new install, at their cost, cost passed on to the client, since its part of new install cost already paid to the RSP for the carrier.

WTF? thats what I have been saying all along, except it also has Telstra responsibility, since a vast number of residents in rural and semi rural and areas not that far from cities who are all forced to use RF/Sat, still will keep their POTS service, so you again contradict yourself.

snapshot866.png

(I think I erred earlier where I think I might have said 2015, but yeah its since 2017, and NBN same since they just copied Telstras docs
    and s/Telstra/NBN/ everywhere.

you do realise what maddies are dont you, just like NTD's, they are passive devices, but better ones with lightning protection, and a customer test point that can help save the customer an incorrect call out fee, or a cablers fee should it be network related, and for those still on ADSL, a central filter, in FTTx areas thats not really applicable apart from lightning protection

the NTD's are worth $24 and standard line modules $38, so 62 bux to provide protection with the other benefits, youd be lucky to get an inline arrestor for that price - unless your buying off some cheapy Chinese ebay seller, then add your $8 maddy on top, NTD's are better way to go, which is why techs use them.

wrong again

Since you have shown to be a troll attempting to big note himself but failing spectacularly in this and your last few posts prove enough to me to call you out for it, that was the last post of yours I will bother reading, this thread is done as far as Im concerned.

8. bucket23

bucket23 Member