1. OCAU Merchandise now available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion here.
    Dismiss Notice

What's that overseas website that sells cheap(but good, denon etc) amps/receivers?

Discussion in 'Audio Visual' started by pusbag, Jan 6, 2010.

1. pusbag

pusbag (Banned or Deleted)

I remember someone posted a link to some site based in HK or something, had some sweet deals on denon receivers.

Anyone know what it might have been, or know any other sources of good deals on good receivers?

2. xxxxxx

xxxxxx (Banned or Deleted)

they were found out to be fakes.

3. OP
    OP
    pusbag

4. xxxxxx

depends what you're using it for... how many inputs and the like

5. xxxxxx

6. OP
    OP
    pusbag

1. xbox with xbmc for tv/movies, with vague plans to upgrade to htpc or ps3 in the next 12 months
    2. set top box, with vague plans to upgrade tv with inbuilt one
    3. ipod (for parties. when by myself I listen to music through the optical output of the xbox, or sometimes hook up a marantz cd player)

Used for watching tv/movies/music and for parties. Needs to have zone 2 preouts so I can connect it to the outdoor system.

7. xxxxxx

doesnt seem too hard, why not buy a 2nd handy denon/marantz/nad/whatever for $200 or so and save the rest for something else?

logitech ipod dock with remote + RCA out for any reciver is like $80 isn't it?

or... get this :cool: www.fat-man.co.uk

8. Kodaz

Kodaz Member

9. x0nt

x0nt Member

Seems like a sweet deal until you look at how ripped off we get here. Same amp can be bought for $370 (USD) ~ $406 (AUD), not including shipping of course, but I doubt that would be more than $100.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16882117301

Although I'm not sure about the mains input voltage, is it variable or set....?

10. Osiris.au

Osiris.au Member

I was in JB HiFi just yesterday and they still had the 30% off signs up for Pioneer so factor that into the price if you're about to buy. ;)

Edit: Oh wait. That is an "until 12/01" price so that may already have that discount applied. Wander into a store to double check.

11. supaflygy

supaflygy Member

yeah great stuff, buy something off a website overseas to save a few dollars. Get ripped off, get faulty equipment & then see how much it costs you to get it all sorted out.
    It's like losers who drive around looking to save 1¢ a litre on their fuel.

Oh and then these 'bargain hunters' bitch n moan when it doesn't all go their way and slag off the product they chose and had to have. Especially when the radio tuner doesn't pick up local stations.

12. dish-oh

dish-oh Member

REOW!!!!!!!

13. hippyhippy

hippyhippy Member

I've used these guys. Very fast turnaround but fairly slow to reply to email. Got a demon 2310 for 1100 aud delivered.

14. x0nt

x0nt Member

How is buying from over-seas getting ripped off? How is the equip faulty? You have the same risk from buying from HN, the only difference is the shipping cost is higher.

Instead of being all upset and cut about it, why don't you butt out where your opinion is not helping anyone in this thread. Give some information at least.

Pioneer Australia:
    VSX-919AH
    RRP $1099

Pioneer USA:
    VSX-919AH
    RRP $399 (USD)
    Converted: $428 (AUD)

Exchange Rate: 1 Australian dollar = 0.9316 U.S. dollars

So you explain to me how the freq differences in the radio and power supply more than double the rrp price. It's called a rip-off.
    So get down off your high horse and stop being a moron.

15. hyperstyle

hyperstyle Member

I was going to buy my next receiver from that Honk Kong place listed above but then i found http://www.digitalcinema.com.au. Their online listed prices are high but if you give them a call and ask to their best price they take many many dollars off. That's my experience anyway.

16. dimmo

dimmo Member

Hey Hippy, did you have serial numbers on yours?

Someone from another forum posted he bought one from them and his serial number was filed off.

17. the_fuzz

the_fuzz Member

pioneer clearance centre is also good for great pricing with free delivery

18. masuta

masuta Member

I'd like to know the answer to this question as well. It has been mentioned in 1 forum that I could find and that was by a local reseller rather than someone who actually purchased the item.