What's the next big Hype?

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by omen_child, Feb 25, 2021.

1. JSmithDTV

JSmithDTV Member

2. Munki

Munki Member

I can't believe I almost forgot about the existence of Evolve. It was massively hyped too. I'll take back my hype regarding Back 4 Blood. It'll probably just be a L4D clone.

3. Sankari

Sankari Member

Hey, I liked Evolve!

:wired: :Paranoid:

4. jjjc_93

jjjc_93 Member

It was Vampire Masquerade Bloodlines 2 but it looks like that game is going to developer hell and I wouldn't be surprised if it never sees the light of day. Aside from that there isn't anything on the horizon that gets me going. Maybe the new Hogwarts RPG with no eta?

A new Forza Horizon would be pretty sweet too but nothing to wet my pants over.

I sold my PC earlier this year and am just casually gaming on a series x for 30mins here or there these days.

5. jpw007

jpw007 Member

I quite liked it too!

But, and i can't emphasise this enough, I was absolutely shit at that game and never figured it out. It somehow just hammered whatever weaknesses I have in gaming :lol:

Sankari likes this.
  6. Sankari

Sankari Member

I played it in single player mode, and managed to evolve all the aliens to maximum.

:)

7. the_fuzz

the_fuzz Member

New Skyrim
    Next battlefield game

8. Vohaul

Vohaul Member

yeah this is probably the only game I am waiting for. not getting my hopes up though

9. ^catalyst

^catalyst Member

Tarkov Arena.

10. Elmf

Elmf Member

I'm curious what exactly got ruined specifically by "the chinese" too?

I'm still enjoying CS:GO!

11. RamboKazoo

RamboKazoo Member

Warning long sleepy rant.

Tarkov rant:
    tarkov wont ever be a good game until they fix the rmt issues and desync, rmt is a huge part of the reason people are cheating. look at playerauctions and what not, people are buying gear and cards for hundreds of dollars, a rage hacker on tarkov only has to last 24 hours and he can easily make $1,000 of real cash from selling shit, even if he pays another $100 for another account, he doesn't care, you can also buy accounts for $30 with a vpn straight from battlestate, every hacker is a potential x100 customer and is a huge revenue stream.

When battlestate encrypted packets it was to ban all the external radars and VM cheats ,these radars went undetected for YEARS before encryption, but they were just radar and esp. the cheats that have fly hacks, no clip, unlock doors without keys, silent aim, no weight no stamina, etc, will last maybe a few weeks, maybe a month, but sometimes only a day, but the cheat gets recoded a few days later and they are back at it.

battlestate like to claim its not as big a problem as we make it out to be, but then the banbot on twitter will report " 50,000 accounts banned in the last 24 hours " yeah mate, im sure that isnt a problem at all, because thats 50,000 x cost of the game that goes back into the company. GG.

The weight system was a good addition though, having 80+kg of loot and running around like sonic was stupid. the weight system added more reasons to eat / drink mid raid, and hide your bag before a gun fight, and also invest in stims, much more engaging, makes you use your brain as well as your hands, and makes you commit to spending money when going into a raid, high risk high reward, how it should be.

Tarkov is similar to rust in that it doesn't cater to casuals, Aim , Game knowledge and Movement are equal kings. it has done a lot of things correctly, and when you are not lagging or desyncing and you have a nice clean engagement its such a great feeling, its the type of game where if i KNOW it was a clean legit fight, even if i die with 10 mil of gear i dont care cause it was a nice fight.

Hyperscape rant :
    failed because they marketed it shit and catered to the Chinese and SEA markets, player base everywhere else dropped because no one wants to play with cheaters or 500 ping. hyperscape had aimbots an hour after the game was released. Which is a shame because i loved the gameplay, you had to work to get your kills and always had to be on your toes, movement = king in this game, which is interesting and what made it kind of different.

Csgo rant :
    Last time i was on csgo, 3 months ago, it was smooth sailing until about LEM and then when you get to global you will see at least 1 hacker every game , probably doing carries for $. blatant spin botters that spend a few weeks hard hacking and dont get banned, and when they do get banned the game is free anyway.

I play the game in cycles, ill play it maybe for 3 months, then take a break, each cycle i start with decayed rank, and by the time im back to normal rank the game is feels cancer, so then i take a break for few months again.

As for cs go GUNPLAY, im just nostalgic cause ive been playing cs since 2000-2001 and cs 1.3 to cs 1.6 was just such a good gaming experience, maybe its because i remember the times of rushing home early after school to join my "clan" for some "wars" or going to the lan center in the city and you walk in and there is 40 sweaty dudes chain smoking and playing warcraft 3 on the bottom floor and all the fps boys the 2nd floor, ahhh the cancerous memories.

I feel like the game used to be much more engaging, my biggest pet peeves are that they removed bunny hopping and removed wall bangs from a lot of maps, and other quirky little things that only people who played the game a lot and got good at it would know about, "i keep going to the SAME SPOT every time and the enemy WALL BANGS ME EVERY TIME, PLEASE FIX" , as apposed to "i keep getting wall banged here, maybe i should take a different angle" , balancing for casuals, again.

overwatch rant :
    seasons 1-3 were decent , 4-5 were really damn good and then it went down hill, hanzo was deemed too strong because he could 1 shot tanks in the BACK, ..IN THE BACK, you had to bait the enemy team into thinking you are not flanking and then sneak alllllllllllllllll the way up DIRECTLY behind the enemy tank and shoot your shot , then escape before his 5 team mates turn around to FUCK YOU UP. this was deemed too strong, this is of course only one example of a high risk high reward hero getting hard nerfed when they replaced his scatter with the current useless barrage arrows.

few seasons later we got heroes like moira and then later brig, characters that are designed for people who only hold W and MOUSE 1 and do that the entire game, and it WORKS on those heroes, low risk > high reward, makes no sense. they added too many of these types of heroes imho.

i do agree with some of the balances though, when mercy lost her insta triple-quad-ultra-giga-infinite res, it was such a good feeling. widow nerfs were good as she can be super strong.

doomfist was a good addition, most engaging hero in the game and probably my 2nd fav after hanzo.

As for cheating in overwatch you do get them, but in overwatch game sense is king. a good player will outplay a hacker even if the hacker has aimbot, a bronze widow maker aim botting will lose to a legit masters or above widow 99.99999999999999999% of the time, just because of positioning or calls / teamwork.

for ranked another issue is player base vs Rank, OCE playerbase above masters is bare, so you have to either que for 45 minutes to an hour to get one game, or you go to usa servers and get 5-10 minutes que but play with 250 -300 ping, not to mention the seasons go through swings, tank meta for months and months and then dive meta for months on months and it gets super stale and borin, im pretty sure double shield with bastion on cart was meta for at least a full year before a change, hell its probably still meta from bronze to high gold lol.

of course, none of the above matters for overwatch if you are just playing quickplay.

If you are sceptical about the cheating , the money they make and why they are always Chinese, you can scour reddit and find those threads where people infiltrate the cheat discord and they post screenshots. I also dont have a problem with casual players, i think every game has them and needs them, but i dont think games should be balanced towards them.

in shot, games always seem to start half decent, get really good in the middle, then turn to shit years later.

Here is a little Bonus. IMHO Fortnite has a higher skill ceiling than ALL of the above games, and is overall a much harder game. but lets not get into that :D

Congratulations to anyone who actually read that shit lmao

mAJORD and aphexer like this.
  12. Elmf

Elmf Member

I read some. I'll respond to just the last bit. Fortnite is hard as fuck, the skill ceiling is massive and basically makes good players unhittable with their mad editing lol

RamboKazoo likes this.
  13. Sankari

Sankari Member

That's a lot of caffeine.

:wired: :Paranoid:

mAJORD, Elmf and RamboKazoo like this.
  14. Elchupacabraj

Elchupacabraj Member

I noped so hard out of Fortnite the first time I played it, had the drop on someone, dead to rights and the next second I'm shooting at a log cabin, yeah nah, uninstall :lol:

Elmf and RamboKazoo like this.
  15. Elmf

Elmf Member

It's so hard .. it's a full-time job to get good at it and...I already have a full-time job

16. mtma

mtma Member

IIRC it has already been sold with card powers and levelling/accumulation mechanics. So it won't really be a L4D clone.

L4D really needed massive overhauls to open multiplayer. It was fun amongst friends but an unamusing chore otherwise.
    With most FPS games the single side button was enough (Actually there's 2 on the Kana that I use but I find the pinky side one is essentially unusable) but for Fortnite... after looking at setups and people playing it actually was a competitive disadvantage to not have more buttons on the mouse.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2021
  17. whatdoesthisdo

whatdoesthisdo Member

This is what I find with games nowadays. I fucking love Tarkov but the mental energy required to keep up to date with the weapon mods, map changes, bullet types, friends shooting you in the back because they are so hopeless they dont know up from down, while trying to manage a renovations, work, wife, newborn... Oh to be 20 again,

Elmf likes this.
  18. Elmf

Elmf Member

Oh to be 15 again. Gym and gaming and not much else lol

19. RamboKazoo

RamboKazoo Member

HAHA the team killing oh my god, when i first started playing i killed my team mates at least 2/3 raids

20. ashenIC

ashenIC Member

Nothing really. I'm definitely taking a wait and see approach. I don't play every crazy hot mess that gets released, my steam library is still less than 60 games in 16 years.