Whats your mouse?

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Hardware' started by Sico Music, Mar 10, 2011.

1. disguisey

disguisey Member

found that as well. Sadly my left one is getting sticky which is a pain during FPS

2. VeritronX

VeritronX Member

Have you tried a G500? I have MX-518, G5, G9, and G500 and the MX-518 and G500 are my favourites. I prefer the feel of the G500, and it has the awesome scroll wheel.

With the G500 that big middle side button doesn't do anything usefull by default, but you can change it to be a second middle mouse button and save it to the mouse so it works in any pc. Tis great having open in new tab and stab ppl without changing any settings after that.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2011
  3. fang_laluna

fang_laluna Member

Razer copperhead for 2 years. Kinda get used to it

4. mixsetup

mixsetup Member

Logitech MX 518 great as it has buttons for forward,back and others

5. Rory K

Rory K Member

Until recently was using an x8, now I've got a Roccat Kone [+] and I absolutely love it. Nice heavy weight (had a Lachesis once and hated how light it was), even without the supplied weights installed.

There are however 2 things I miss from my old x8:
    1- The excellently positioned thumb buttons and
    2- the rather handy led display which told me what DPI I was switching to.

Other than that, the Kone [+] rocks, and it looks pretty too :3

6. AlastairT

AlastairT Member

I've just got the original Sidewinder.
    The only flaw I have found is the feet wear down (all three sets), and you can't buy replacements.

Other than that, it's great. Side buttons are perfectly positioned, and it's big enough to fit my large hands comfortably.
    When I have a bit of spare money, I might look at something new, but for now it's good.

edit* read back, and I agree with Huggy.

7. doomz

doomz Member

MX518 was a great mouse but the problem is it has Prediction (drift control) causing it to favor moving horizontally, while to go vertical or diagonal you must always overcompensate. Basically is does not take input evenly on the X and Y axis. (this could be great for eg at CS cos it makes it easier to stay on the horizontal and turn smooth, but maybe for quake you look up and down so much, its not good.)

After going to a DA 1800 and now the 3500 , the MX518 feels very erratic when I returned to it shortly.

Prediction ruins the feel imo, and so many of the older mice implement it. This is why I think MS 1.1a, intellimouse 3 and DA are favorite for so many. MX518 is great, but at 1800dpi the DA 1800 feels better without the prediction.

8. Akh-Horus

Akh-Horus Member

9. fatguy1992

fatguy1992 Member

Mines a Nannomys :thumbup:

10. Huggy_Bear64

Huggy_Bear64 Member

Yeah I used to have one of them, the feet were terrible and the stupid scrollwheel wore out and was getting faulty, as was the right mouse button.
    Trust me, if you like the x5 the original sidewinder is fucking amazing.

11. ElBeasto

ElBeasto Member

I haven't heard that many people complain about it, I guess that's why they keep putting the same shitty wheel on their high end models...

I had a Razer Habu before this & it had the best scroll wheel ever.
    I'm hoping the Deathadder or Mamba will have a similar wheel to the Habu but I'm not sure because the Habu was an MS design wasn't it?

12. Mjölnir

Mjölnir Member

Logitech Performance Mouse 950. Not bad, but not the best either. I really dislike the middle button. Very hard to click. Gotta push down and to the right to make it work. Love the side buttons though. Four buttons within easy thumb reach makes games a bit easier to play.

I used to have a bunch of MX700's, which I absolutely loved. Very comfortable. Basically a cordless version of the MX518, but less sensitive - not that I think that really matters.

13. Spark64

Spark64 Member

Mine is an A4Tech Big Thumb. It's ergonomically shaped, and i'm on my second one - the first one I wore out the left mouse button. One problem though is I can't find any new ones as mine is showing signs of external wearing.

14. Evil ZeR0

Evil ZeR0 Member

i have a g9x which is the best mouse i have ever owned (and ive had alot) going all the way back to the mouseman+ days

also i have a razer death adder which is good and also cheap.

15. Andy3008

Andy3008 Member

I hope to be getting mine on Tuesday and i'm glad to see someone else gives it the thumbs up.

16. damo2002

damo2002 Member

Aren't the vocal reports for DPI switching enough? :p
    I had mine delivered on Friday, to replace my old G5. Love it so far. :thumbup:

17. Rory K

Rory K Member

lol good point, a recent update also changed it from "dpi up" and "dpi down" to actually telling you what the dpi was.

I kept it switched off...

18. Garido

Garido Member

Depends on the game:

FPS: Logitech G5 version 2
    RTS: Logitech G1

19. rg144

rg144 Member

Razor Lachesis for everyday, razor Copperhead (takes a beating and still going strong), and logitech mx-air as a remote.

20. karlcloudy

karlcloudy Member

Microsoft Sidewinder here. Love the size of it, I much prefer a larger/heavier mouse over a smaller one, just feels better in the hand to me :lol: