When Will Telstra 100mbit start commencing?

Discussion in 'Networking, Telephony & Internet' started by Intercept, Apr 3, 2009.

1. x0nt

x0nt Member

[​IMG]

Telstra Cable Sydney

2. paul8811

paul8811 Member

Bullcrap..oh well after just looking at the prices cant imagine why anyone would go with Telstra

3. heath_303

heath_303 Member

does anyone know when brisbane is going to see the 30meg upgrade let alone the 100meg one ?

why are melbourne and sydney getting upgraded again when we havent even recieved the first upgrade ?

edit - just checked whirlpool and there is a thread in there about the upgrade but the last post was 16 months ago :( and i cant find anything on telstras website about the upgrade and schedule....

Last edited: Apr 23, 2009
  4. Rusty X5

Rusty X5 Member

Its telstra mate..dont hold ur breath :p. They problay havent bothered because didnt iinet and internode put in a shitload of DLSAMs around brissy?..so problay just thought ppl would go that way knowing that their prices are they highest in the isp market...

5. BigDave

BigDave Member

[​IMG]

:shock::shock: I'm not shaped, I've been raped

6. Opti

Opti Member

Without scouring through teh pages, anyone got an idea what Hell$tra will charge for this 100mbit connection. If its anything to go by how they charge now, only Lindsay Fox and his mates will be able to afford it.
    They better get rid of the upload counting too.
    Off topic, sort of, every month I will get either Optpus or Hell$tra knock on my door trying to get me to switch over. I had cable extreme in the house I am living in now and while the speed was good, no drop outs in the years with them, I could not handle their way below par customer service. Anyway everytime they try to convert me back they ask what wold make me switch now, I reply the same time, do not count my uploads. (14 days into my month and have uploaded just under 80gb and downloaded 30gb)The last guy I said this too was actually writing down all of my comments I had to say.
    That was a first...
    What gets me is the amount of times they try and try again to win people over, they obviously don't listen to what people want. A fair price for what you pay really. Now I'm off to put on my flame proof coat.:p

7. Rusty X5

Rusty X5 Member

All i can say to all you poor sods with telstra..be aware when they do implent this 100mbit cable..come an eye on their plans and pricing. Now they'll problay drop all the prices on the plans that all you guys are on...however the seem not to tell anyone that. You could be a say 90 buck plan..then suddleny it will be only a 60 buck plan..yet you still been paying 90 each month for the last 6 months or watever. Or if it not the price the change..it the detials of the plan like d/l limit and shit. They do this even if you are on a plan or not.

Back in the day of dailup..i paid $30 a month for 400mb d/l. then suddenly to my surprise they had changed it to unlimited d/l a month for the same $30. I let it be and waited the next month..yet i hit my 400mb limit and my interent didnt move :rolleyes:. I wasnt on contract..so i just had to go on their site..change plan to the unlimited one..and bang, same money unlimited d/l. And i wasnt on a plan either. they just a bunch of money hungrey noob...who dont give a fukk about anyone except themselves...if i was in melbourne or whereever this cable goin, i wouldnt be holding ur breathe or getting excited about this upgrade....

8. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Yeah? 2.5Meg/s, 60Gig/month, sensational pings, $99/month. I'm such a poor Telstra sod it's just terrible.

9. Rusty X5

Rusty X5 Member

Just one of the lucky ones bud...or unlucky ones depends on ur point of view :p

Still no free upload i hear...:lol:

10. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Errr, lucky one I'm thinking, given what I've stated above.
    Not the only major isp that counts uploads. Uploads are not a concern for me, I hardly upload much at all, ever.

11. BuuBox

BuuBox Member

Not a bad offer.

Except if you go over the 60GB.

$150 a GB, or $1800 an hour if at full speed.

With no default credit limit on the account.

Irresponsible corporate behaviour, simple as that.

12. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

You MUST be vigilant, I admit that. I have been good so far, in the last two years I've gone over once, and I knew in advance I would go over, cost me $80. Otherwise I'm always able to score deadset between 59 and 60Gig every single time just about.

I hate excess usage and I think it should be abolished and speedlimited instead.

13. BuuBox

BuuBox Member

At the very least, a manageable credit limit should exist, not essentially an unlimited line of credit.

Even an obscene one of $1000 would be a better than the current situation.

I don't have anything else against Bigpond or Telstra, but this behaviour is reprehensible and in all probability illegal.

14. Opti

Opti Member

Thats nothing really to be happy about though, I would do 60gb in uploads alone in a month. More. But then it all depends on the end user hey. I would go back to Telstra as I did love the cable connection over my current ADSL2 but now I'm into P2P, theres no hope for me anymore.

15. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

I'm more than happy. Why? I live in the foothils of Adelaide and (a) it's Telstra and (b) Telstra cable is the only internet I can get.

So given I'm not in a great position to start with I'm very lucky I'm not relying on dialup or wireless. This is why I'm happy and quite content.