Where are the retro bargains? List here!

Discussion in 'Retro & Arcade' started by Cannula, Jul 23, 2015.

1. BuuBox

BuuBox Member

Can confirm at least one of those things is definitely true. :cool:

badmofo and adz like this.
  2. Reaper

Reaper Member

It's ok for what it is, I mean quite a lot of other things that are quite the fortune that are posted in here. Should be two threads I reckon still.

Don't shush me you rich bastard! - Homer Simpson.

3. shredder

shredder Member

Trust me, it's a lot worse vice-versa: being the one in NZ and not being able to buy the majority of the stuff posted here. But I hear ya. (note I did offer to be a middleman, if there's some truly must-have item)

Merely interstate items are often considered inaccessible to many Australians (refer to recent "everything is in Melbourne and won't ship" talks/complaints), so in that regard the things I post about are little different.

The subjectivity of "at what point exactly does something become a bargain", coupled with the volatile nature of retro pricing and popularity, also makes it hard to tell offhand whether or not something belongs in this thread.

I'm sure however it wouldn't hurt to have a What Retro Items Have You Seen Today or similar thread in addition to this, if/when someone takes the thirty seconds to make one.

Last edited: May 7, 2020
    Flamin Joe and Reaper like this.
  4. badmofo

badmofo Member

Flamin Joe and adz like this.
  5. Reaper

Reaper Member

6. Pierre32

Pierre32 Member

More in the 'interesting find' than 'bargain' category, and the item itself - an ISA combo drive & I/O controller - is not even that interesting. But it caught my eye because the seller has included all the configuration info in the listing, which can be hard to come by for some of these cards. Needless to say I wish he'd listed it a few days ago, before I bought a slightly more expensive one with less information.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/UMC-Sup...-UM82C863F-UM82C865F-IDE-FDD-COM/324158619213

7. BiggusDickus

BiggusDickus Member

8. BuuBox

BuuBox Member

Pierre32 and adz like this.
  9. badmofo

badmofo Member

Sweet I've been looking for one of those for my Vectra, thanks handsome!

BuuBox, adz and Pierre32 like this.
  10. badmofo

badmofo Member

adz, BuuBox and Pierre32 like this.
  11. Pierre32

Pierre32 Member

12. BuuBox

BuuBox Member

Thanks badmofo, I've been hanging out for a reasonably priced AWE64. :D Hopefully the cards work.

Seller also has a lot of AGP cards: https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/184284634299

Not quite the proper bargain status, but the Nvidia card says NV15 so should be a GeForce2 GTS at worst.

adz, BiggusDickus, Pierre32 and 2 others like this.
  13. Grant

Grant Member

Wow a Trident AGP card :lol:

I guess there was a time when real 3D wasn't free and some people who didn't need it had AGP boards... edit: looking at an old AnandTech review of it positions it as a good 2D card to pair with a Voodoo2 :thumbup:

Last edited: May 9, 2020
    BuuBox and adz like this.
  14. BuuBox

BuuBox Member

Good point about it being a solid 2D card for a Voodoo II system. I use an S3 AGP something-or-other for the same purpose, since all you really need is a nice crisp 2D output (or not even that, if you use a monitor with two inputs).

Edit: Straining my eyes, the Nvidia card looks to be a HP GeForce2 GTS part number 5065-2543.

Last edited: May 9, 2020
  15. pfrcom

pfrcom Member

Last edited: May 12, 2020
    adz and Pierre32 like this.
  16. sammy_b0i

sammy_b0i Laugh it up, fuzzball!

Pierre32 and MUTMAN like this.
  17. Flamin Joe

Flamin Joe Member

My god that thing must weigh a tonne (you can see it in the shipping costs). :shock: My very last CRT was a 21" Sony and that was not fun to move at all.

18. Pierre32

Pierre32 Member

Bit of newly listed Roland MIDI gear.

The CM-32L is the simple beige box version of the MT-32. A rare sighting and bargain at the opening bid of $185, but we'll see where it goes.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Roland-...ser-Video-Game-Sounds-Rare-1980s/303562982188

The SD-20 is a later generation Sound Canvas. Apparently not quite feature matched to the SC-55 (so perhaps not ideal for the Sound Canvas option in your games) but still a sweet little General Midi module. At $75 buy it now, a very nice bargain. Pickup only in Brisbane, otherwise I might be impulse buying it instead of posting it here.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Roland-SD-20-USB-Bus-Powered-Sound-Module/174269841961

19. MUTMAN

MUTMAN Member

if you *really, really* want it, buy it now, i'll grab it and send it down to you. you can dd my bank acc later when shipping cost is known :)

adz, Pierre32 and sammy_b0i like this.
  20. Pierre32

Pierre32 Member

I definitely don't need to be buying more things at the moment, so I'll leave this one for someone else. Really appreciate the offer though, cheers mate :thumbup:

MUTMAN likes this.