Where are the retro bargains? List here!

Discussion in 'Retro & Arcade' started by Cannula, Jul 23, 2015.

1. Pierre32

Pierre32 Member

MUTMAN likes this.
  2. MUTMAN

MUTMAN Member

thats a good price for a six game machine that appears to be in good condition

3. dirkmirk

dirkmirk Member

I spotted the box with Wolfenstein 3D wasn't sure if it was a budget release or not, regardless would not have spent more than $150 on that lot:Paranoid:.

Pretty sloppy effort listing those lots if they got thousands for one box imagine the hundreds or thousands they missed out on had they actually taken half decent photos of what was available for those bidding online:rolleyes:.

4. dirkmirk

dirkmirk Member

Makes me wanna throw my boxes of doom/doom 2/spear of destiny/tie fighter/quake etc etc into a lot but knowing my luck id be lucky to get a couple hundred bucks!

5. bYrd

bYrd Member

I attended this auction today, was very excited but left with next to nothing. There were some great, but largely untested items. The auctioneers did a great job considering the mass of consoles, games and computers for sale - and in the end, most items went for well above market value. The vendor would have done very well overall.

adz and elvis like this.
  6. DonutKing

DonutKing Member

Check out the box pc pc game collectors groups on Facebook (there are a few, the buyer of that lot is the admin of the Australian one). Doom boxes regularly go for $200 or more. There was a commander keen box listed for $400 recently.

I think it’s more the Id/Apogee stuff that was sold as shareware that pulls big prices, as big box full versions are comparatively rare.

I won a box of games, now gotta get it shipped up here, hoping there’s some decent stuff in there and I can sell what I don’t want to make up some of the cost.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2019
  7. bYrd

bYrd Member

The game tubs were pretty jam packed and well organised in terms of most were from the same era/computer platform. Good luck, hope you get some good ones - how are you to get it shipped? They fenced off regions too after a while (it's not a big place), to avoid theft and the old switcheroo.

JB

DonutKing likes this.
  8. Pierre32

Pierre32 Member

Is anyone across what happens now for winning bidders? (I had a win with a web bid.) The T&Cs suggest that someone will be in touch. So just sit and wait?

DonutKing likes this.
  9. DonutKing

DonutKing Member

I’m going to shoot them an email and get the ball rolling, the site said they use Pack n send which works for me.

Pierre32 likes this.
  10. DonutKing

DonutKing Member

Yeah I’m a bit worried about the switcheroo, on the Facebook page they said people had been rummaging through stuff and left the contents of boxes strewn about, they let the auction house know.

Sorry for double post, on mobile.

11. bYrd

bYrd Member

Call the auction house tomorrow morning to check. Reckon they'll be overwhelmed with work due to the mass of online bidders and shipment.

I reckon it was more console stuff they were concerned about, and as mentioned they locked it down after a while. EDIT: Apart from the crazy price on that one lot of PC games, all the other computer software piles went for $50 - 150, the console crates went for much more.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2019
    Pierre32 likes this.
  12. Pierre32

Pierre32 Member

I just received my invoice. It assumes you'll be picking up, so of course the charge is for the purchased items only. They also provide the office number if you need to make delivery arrangements. I just gave them a buzz and they are great to deal with.

They can offer Auspost or Pack & Send. I'm using the latter, so for now I just need to pay the auction invoice. Pack & Send will attend the auction house this week to do all the jobs. At that point they will contact & invoice me separately.

Fingers crossed this bloody computer even fires up, haha.

13. power

power Member

14. T-Bones

T-Bones Member

Anybody got use for old systems (P3 era) as I've got to clear some stuff. Just the case/motherboard/cpu/fan/psu are intact. I've removed HDDs/Video Cards/Ram years ago and put into boxes around my house.

There is a kerb side pickup happening on the 28th of this month and been told to take advantage by my wife but I've always struggled just throwing stuff out which still works.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2019
  15. jollyboy

jollyboy Member

I'd be keen. Just picked up a Pentium MMX system to recreate my primary school gaming experiences and wouldn't mind rebuilding my main teenage years PC (P3 450). Are these Slot 1 machines?

16. elvis

elvis Old school old fool

Chuck it all in the ol' giveaway subforum:
    https://forums.overclockers.com.au/forums/retro-for-sale-wtb-price-check-give-away.110/

17. badmofo

badmofo Member

MUTMAN likes this.
  18. Daft_Munt

Daft_Munt Member

Spotted 2 of these, (sony kv-sw29m31) at the local tip shop for $35 each, no remote, but state they are good for retro consoles. Also saw an old Mac LC125 (think), Cheesagrater G5, a few mac lamps which hadnt been checked (in the eWaste to be sorted pile). Also a fuck load of old sever gear.

19. dirkmirk

dirkmirk Member

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Athlon-...022135?hash=item262ac097f7:g:1hwAAOSwzy9du3Th

Might be a good bargain just for the Genuine Barton XP3200+!

adz likes this.
  20. PsychoticOrc

PsychoticOrc Member