Where can I get a take away fruit salad at 9.30pm?

Discussion in 'Geek Food' started by Foliage, Aug 11, 2011.

1. OP
    OP
    Foliage

Foliage Member

is amazing.

Only fast food I buy these days, mainly because a supremo burger with pineapple + bacon + extra chicken breast + extra hot is better than anything any restaurant makes, it has dickloads of protein and is relatively healthy.

2. Danske

Danske Member

+1

Nandos is boss!

Funnily enough, first time I had it was when I moved to melb about a year ago lol...

3. OP
    OP
    Foliage

Foliage Member

Holy shit this fruit salad is good, I haven't really eaten fruit in almost a year since moving out. Man I'm going to have to buy a melon and some pineapple tomorrow and make them more often.

Too bad its so sugary though : (

4. Nightwish

Nightwish Member

Nando's is ok, also hidoeusly overpriced for what you get. If it wasn't so expensive I'd probably go there more often but $20 for just lunch is a tad rich in my books

5. OP
    OP
    Foliage

Foliage Member

It was $15 for my burger described above, cheaper than any restaurant I know of and bigger and better.

Who actually buys chips and a drink?

I challenge you to find a better or even equivalent chicken burger for under $20!

6. biomaster

biomaster Member

Well based on my observations of takeaway places i'd say maybe 70% of people who purchase a burger/wrap etc would also get chips and a drink.

Personally I also think nandos is well overpriced and extremely overrated.

I don't know why people love it so much. The food is ok, but I enjoy HJs, Chicken treat, KFC etc just as much and its half the price.

I'll admit i havent tried the burger you described, but $15 for a burger from a shitty takeaway joint seems a bit steep. Is it filling enough on its own, or do you eat it with some sides?

For $15 you can get a Fast Eddies cop the lot burger (Big slab of beef, bacon, cheese, egg, salad) + Chips + 600mL drink. Not the healthiest, but it tastes great (loads better then any nandos ive had) and is filling.

7. OP
    OP
    Foliage

Foliage Member

But that's the thing it isn't a shitty takeaway joint, it is better than 99% of restaurants out there, I literally have not ever had a better burger.

The bun is a proper crunchy bun not those shitty ones that maccas, kfc, hjs etc all use. The chicken is not a patty but a freshly cooked piece of chicken, has mayo, tomato chutney and all sorts of other om noms on it.

Sounds like you are just buying the shitty classic burger, that is crap and like every other fast food place out there.

If you get it with pineapple + bacon + double chicken then yes it is massively filling, its like eating almost half a chicken on a burger lol. Chips and drink are for fat people, you should avoid, just order an extra side of chicken instead, it costs the same, tastes better and is healthier. Though I guess about 70% of the population are fat average joes these days.

8. biomaster

biomaster Member

Ok, you've convinced me enough. I shall try this burger, possibly for lunch tomorow. But if I am not pleased there will be hell to pay! :mad:

Not really, I probably just wont ever go to nandos again...

9. biomaster

biomaster Member

Well i got this burger for lunch today. I got egg + onion istead of pineapple though because im not a huge fan of pinapple and more protein = win.

Anyways it ended up being $17.65 for just the burger lol.

Whilst it tasted ok and was relativley filling, i still dont believe it's worth that much. I may purchase again though.

10. Deliverancexx

Deliverancexx (Banned or Deleted)

You're kidding right.... $17.65 for a burger.......

11. OP
    OP
    Foliage

Foliage Member

Yeah $17 is pushing it a bit, does egg cost $2 or something?

Any Pub will charge $15-20 for a burger these days, considering it is better than most pub/cafe burgers I'd say it is fair. Especially when you get two entire chicken breasts on it.

12. Deliverancexx

Deliverancexx (Banned or Deleted)

I consider that different though, part of the price is to sit down for an hour or so as you eat your meal, have cutlury and plates etc etc.

If it's take away then you aren't paying for any of this, and it should be at least $5 cheaper to refect this.

Meh, most I pay for lunch is $8 for a Schnitzel focaccia with mayo and salad at our local cafe.

13. biomaster

biomaster Member

Well it was $9.95 for the burger, $11.95 for the burger with bacon + cheese, or $13.95 for the buger + bacon +cheese + egg + onion. So i just got that with the extra chicken breast instead of the pinnaple + cheese ($1.95 I think?).

Btw, you do get plates at nandos, but I know what you mean, a pub atmosphere is a lot nicer. Even though I wouldn't have gone to a pub by myself anyway.

14. OP
    OP
    Foliage

Foliage Member

You can get beer, it gets served on a plate by a staff member much like most cafes. The environment is much better than other fast food places.

I guess it is steep but honestly I haven't found a better burger anywhere else, if someone thinks they know of one in Adelaide, I'd love to try it!

Last edited: Aug 12, 2011
  15. Chaffe

Chaffe Member

Wait.......

You threw up at the gym :|................

16. doodz

doodz Member

17. OP
    OP
    Foliage

Foliage Member

After I got home from the gym.

It is common from hard training, the AFL clubs usually have a training session called the spew session as that many people vomit afterwards.

:thumbup:

18. auApex

auApex Member

a. Most pubs I've been to in inner-city Sydney charge at most, $15 for a counter-meal burger. They also include a generous portion of chips with the burger
    b. a 'double breast' burger from Nando's does NOT include two breasts. It includes 2* 1/2 breast, sliced down the middle

If you honestly think Nando's burgers are better than your average restaurant, you need to broaden your horizons and go to restaurants that don't completely suck!

19. OP
    OP
    Foliage

Foliage Member

I've been to hundreds of restaurants, I'm still waiting for a single suggestion that is better!

20. Sandez

Sandez Member

Grill'd Burgers are better.

If you have them in Adelaide. :p