1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Where to buy parts in Sydney?

Discussion in 'Extreme and Water Cooling' started by memnoch, Jan 11, 2016.

1. memnoch

memnoch Member

HI All,

Im looking into converting my PC over to water cooling. Im planning on buying a EK kit but I would like to expand that a bit. Im concerned that i'll be needing parts and won't want to wait for them to arrive via the post.

Can you guys point me towards stores in Sydney (around Castle Hill or the City ideally) that sell water cooling parts over the counter?

Or should I spend a fair bit of time planning out each connection required to just order all the parts in one go?

Thanks

2. WishBone17

WishBone17 Member

there is non that i know of mate. Its not a very good business to be in so most of them have pretty much dried up (no pun intended) and closed up shop..

I think the big Sydney Based one was GAMMODS but he shut down over 2 years ago

PCCG is your best bet still, easy, reliable and lots of stuff to choose from...

Oh i just discovered IT estate has gone bust too.. That sad, bought half my shit from them.

3. WishBone17

WishBone17 Member

4. cbb1935

cbb1935 Guest

Not many places will stock such gear.

Only places I can think of (which I often buy gear at), and carry decent stock levels of most items (not necessarily watercooling gear) are:

+ Mwave - Lidcombe
    + JW Computers - Castle Hill / Blacktown / etc
    + ARC Computers - Silverwater
    + IJK
    + UMart

IT Estate gone .... less said there the better.

5. Imperitos

Imperitos Member

+1 for PCCG. Its where I purchased nearly all my watercooling gear from. Scorptec also has a selection to choose from. MSY seems to only carry a selection of thermaltake watercooling gear, only issue I see is that if the Auburn store is anything like Canberra then having stock in store to buy could be problematic.

Or you can order direct from EKs website. Delivery time was pretty quick for me considering its international (order arrived within a week) and pricing was pretty consistent with Australian based stores. Postage was really affordable too.

I myself am nearing completion of my first watercooling build. Just look really close at what you want to achieve and mockup what parts you want to mount. Then look at your plan again. Trust me when I say postage will destroy your budget if you don't account that one fitting or extra tube or coolant. I could've saved $100s on postage.:upset:

Which EK kit are looking at? Hard tube or soft tube?

6. OP
    OP
    memnoch

memnoch Member

7. Jakusonfire

Jakusonfire Member

There is a lot of experience on hand in these forums. If you post what case you want to use and an idea of what you want it to look like or the layout we can give you a very good idea of all the parts you would need.

Mostly you can start with a kit, maybe a couple of 90 and 45 angle fittings and that will get you running. They will save you some money over buying each part individually as long as you can live with the parts they have chosen. This is far easier than it used to be, since even the basic new kits feature quality DDC pumps instead of Jingways and Vardar fans rather than crappy sleeve bearing ones. If the kits available now were around when I first got started I would have saved a bundle for sure.
    Then you can slowly improve the looks if you feel like it. There is no need to replace parts of the kit like there used to be. Its all near best in class.

With a lot of measuring and building paper models to test fitment I have never bought a part I didn't end up using.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2016
  8. kEv_

kEv_ Member

yeah, plan, plan, plan!:)

i find doing a bad paint diagram of how i think things should be laid out using a pic of the actual case you're using helps a lot
    thats if you dont want to go to the trouble of making paper models of course:thumbup:

another +1 for PCCG, but i actually ordered a heap of my original parts direct from ek, it was almost just as fast and cheaper overall to boot, the only issue with that is warranty, but i would have the same issue with PCCG being in melb anyway

GL!
    ;)