Which 144hz Freesync Monitor?

Discussion in 'Video Cards & Monitors' started by spank36, Mar 17, 2019.

1. spank36

spank36 Member

I want to take advantage of the 10% off ebay sales to grab a new screen. I bought an AOC AG322QC4 a few weeks ago but had to return it because of a couple of dead pixels. It was pretty good, but I'm open to other screens, 27" or bigger.

From what I can see, the Acer XZ321QU looks like the exact same screen as the AOC but not Freesync 2 certified and only $494 delivered, there are next to no reviews on it though. Good stand too. The AOC CQ32G1 is $437 delivered and seems to be the same panel, but no HDR and without USB or a height adjustable stand (I don't need USB). Reviews are positive on it.

I dig the Samsung CHG70 27 inch variant but I can't get it for a good price. Umart have it for $485 but then you have to pay stupid $105 delivery on top of it!

Any other suggestions? I could just grab the QC4 again for $566 but it seems a bit of a waste when the CQ32G1 is nearly the same for so cheap and the Acer $70 cheaper.

2. OP
    OP
    spank36

spank36 Member

Righto for anyone who cares, I pulled the trigger on the Acer XZ321QU just before the sale ended, mainly because it has a height adjustable stand over the AOC CQ321Q1. Its an eBay plus item so if I don't like it I can just return it. I'll do a review up too because there are bugger all reviews on that particular monitor.

3. boneburner

boneburner Member

yes - few reviews are a pain. I'm (kind of) in the market too - and the one ive got my eye on, released just 4 weeks ago has only 2 reviews so far - one in german and one in dutch....

4. OP
    OP
    spank36

spank36 Member

Which one are you looking at boneburner?

5. boneburner

boneburner Member

i was hoping you wouldnt ask.... they r hard to find atm - the MSI Optix 321CQR - the R on the end is IMPORTANT - the old version has same number without the R

6. OP
    OP
    spank36

spank36 Member

From what I can see, its the exact same VA panel as the rest of the 32 inch 144hz screens but without HDR or freesync 2 certification and it costs more (from Harvey Norman at least). Yes the HDR isn't great, but you've still got it there and some people are rating it. I'd pick up one of the others unless the looks and RGB are going to be really important to you. The AOC CQ32G1, Viewsonic VX3258 or over $200 cheaper for the same specification and the Acer I just bought is $150 cheaper (bit older but I'll see how the performance is).

Last edited: Mar 20, 2019 at 9:06 AM