Which 5.1 speakers you recommend?

Discussion in 'PC Audio' started by V770, Mar 2, 2007.

1. pugsley

pugsley Member

Sorry if this is off topic as the people in this thread have changed topics so much it made my head spin. But from what i can ascertain your looking at buying a budget home theatre setup?

If this is the case have a look at one of OCAU's sponsors the loudspeaker kit, all i seem to hear about them is raving reviews so they cant be that bad. All you have to do is put them together:p

2. leighman

leighman Member

Z 5500

I have a set of Z5500D's and there the best thing I have ever brought, just a note, when I brought mine they had a popping sound in the Sub ans some of the speakers, So I got them replaced, Logitech are the best for warrenty, they didn't even ask me they took them and replaced them, I got mine for 400.

3. Atti

Atti Member

All depends on ur application. if your going to just play games and occasional mp3 techo trance tec.. then its good logitech z5500 ..

if your going to be watching movies and hear alot of music then HT system...
    spend 1000 for receiiver and 800 for floor standing speakerss.. yeh 2k should get a real nice sounding system formovies just like in the real threatre..

i've got some old Boston Acoustics BA7500 digital speakers they've come along way.. its only 4.1 but it does the job for gamging and occassional boost in trance and techno... :)

i've owned klipsch 5.1, creative, logitech... personally as pc speakers they are great but movies etc cannot compare to bigger systems... remember these PC speakers only cracks out at 25 Watts RMS per speakers compare to 100 - 125 Watts RMS per speaker in bigger systems so go figure...

And cheapey ones cracks out like 5 watts RMS xD so expect that for 80$-160$ or so :)

Last edited: Apr 6, 2007
  4. unwritt3n

unwritt3n Member

5. Grimace22

Grimace22 Member

You'll just get the same argument with some people(noobs:p) recommending Logitechs, then you'll have others saying the Yamahas, or an amp and 5 speakers. Personally Id go the Yamahas, better sound quality, you wont need all the bass from the 5500.

6. leighman

leighman Member

The one thing you have to ask your self, what am I going to use it for the Yamaha speakers would be good if your not only going to plug you computer in, because the reciver the Yahama has is totally awesome, but my self I have logitechs and also I have a Yahama system for my home cinema and the yahama speakers are so much better clearer sound quality not as much bass tho, and it is really personal opinion mate.

7. Reginald85

Reginald85 Member

One of my mates had a set of these. INSANE. Best sound I have ever heard. If you can afford those I'd highly recommend them

I myself have Z5500D and love them for my PC. But a good HT system will win every time

8. yanman

yanman Member

Sorry which ones did you mean, the satellites or the large free-standings? :)

9. Reginald85

Reginald85 Member

Oh sorry. He had he the freestanding models with the center aswell. Wouldn't be surprised if the satellites weren't sensational aswell