which is the nicer case

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Drnrg, Jul 27, 2003.

1. Drnrg

Drnrg Member

2. GRObFURSt

GRObFURSt Member

the top one...more stylish....

aopens seem to e built pretty well from my experience

3. Jenova

Jenova Member

top one definatly more stylish and balck in the colour for the typical modder and the blkue wont go with anything

4. nwatts

nwatts Member

yeh.. top one for sure.. looking nice! i've never seen that model before!

www.coolpc.com.au have some cheap nice looking cases w/psu's if that's what you're after

5. GRObFURSt

GRObFURSt Member

the black one would look really nice windowed up...with UV..but ur not thinking of modding ?

its would be that much of an efforst if you are just gunna put a window on and rice up the interior...

6. blinkme

blinkme Member

Personally I like the second one. Since you're not gonna do much modding, the QF50C will do just fine to add case fans or a window..

7. Surge

Surge Member

They both look the same internally, the only difference being the bezel. I prefer the 2nd one.

8. blinkme

blinkme Member

www.computeronline.com.au

9. Zzapped

Zzapped Member

I spent the best part of last week searching for a new case that was fairly good looking along with plenty of cooling options as well as a side window and I came across a little beaut right here in one of the local shops in rockingham......

I will post some pics tomorrow once I have my camera ready.
    The case has room for 4 cdroms, 2 fdd's and also 8 hdds if you wanted.........it has a clear side window installed.
    It has room for 2 rear 80mm fans and also 4 front 80mm fans.
    It has front usb ports x 2, front firewire port x 1 and front speaker and mic ports hidden behind a pushbutton panel.
    The front bezel is very stylish and the whole case has a really classy look about it.............exceptional value at $100.00 including a yumcha 350w PSU.

Cheers

10. smack01

smack01 Member

Personally i think they both look average.....but i had to choose i would say the first one.

11. Smoken

Smoken Member

But if you had too choose It would be ANTEC :D :D

12. smack01

smack01 Member

LOL :lol: :lol: :lol: :D ........ Well for good reasons :D

13. nodabs

nodabs Member

top one the bottom is pretty ugly imho oh and if i had to shoose it would be antec too:D :D

14. OP
    OP
    Drnrg

Drnrg Member

i was actually thinking about the antec 660AMG before but i absolutely need the front audio ports which the antec dosent have, thats why i thought the first case would be a good alternate, but then again the second seems to be fairly good/cheap and i dont need black drives either

EDIT: computer online dont have the H500B

Last edited: Jul 27, 2003
  15. InquisitiveMind

InquisitiveMind Member

yeah definitly the top one looks much better!

16. NeWMaN

NeWMaN Member

Hell no, it would be a Lian Li PC70, DROOOl

17. nwatts

nwatts Member

heh

or any lian li!

/me pats PC65 :D

18. Onyx

Onyx Member

:eek: AOpen's gone RICE?
    I used to like the old AOpen cases, with 1mm thick steel, and conservative good looks. Now, they seem to look no better than your $40 bendy-flexy, sharp cornery generic cheapo case.

19. SLATYE

SLATYE SLATYE, not SLAYTE

Definitely the top one. I can't stand it when they put the FDD behind a plastic bezel.

20. Dellwood

Dellwood Member

I have a brand new H500A sitting on the floor right next to me right now. The build quality is far better than those "40 bendy-flexy, sharp cornery generic cheapo" cases. Sure, the H500B and so on look like those cheapo cases, but that's only the front panel. If you don't like it, buy an H500A. Aopen still have the conservative beige boxes, but they've also got the other, weirder sorts of cases, any of which would be a good base to start a mod off.

That being said, the H500A I've got here is nice. Touches like the Anodised thumb screws for the side panel and the front USB and sound sockets are nice. It's also very sturdy. Short of sitting on it, you'd have a hard time making it bend much! However all that sturdiness adds up to weight, so they're not the lightest things around. As far as sharp edges go, nearly all of them are bent over, so there's very little chance of cutting yourself. Also, most of the Aopen cases come with an Aopen PSU, which are a lot better than those yum-cha PSUs that come with the cheapo cases.

As for which one to go for? I'd go for the second one, the first one looks kinda chunky and the round bits at the side just look strange. The second one looks a bit nicer, but either way you'll get a good case!