1. OCAU Merchandise now available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion here.
    Dismiss Notice

Which manufacturer has the best warranty / customer service here in Aus?

Discussion in 'Video Cards & Monitors' started by Rigby, Dec 31, 2015.

1. Jimba86

Jimba86 Member

Gigabyte have been great as have corsair.

So I stick with those 2 brands for all my systems.

have 3 systems all running gigabyte gear with corsair power supplies.

One thing i do wish is that the higher end gigabyte products where more widely available in retail.

2. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

No, Dell generally for products.

3. TaroT

TaroT Member

monitor wise I love AOC
    apart from only ever having one monitor go belly up under dubious circumstances(not mine)
    put online rma in
    sent out courier
    picked up monitor
    fixed returned monitor took about a week or so all up
    painless and free.
    dell may be good in warranty but out of...forget it.
    had one client they wanted to charge 400 to replace a motherboard...just replace not fit. No thanks :)
    motherboard wise never really rma any boards...I have had boards die but they were all old age home, well after 5 years I consider them old age :).
    ram I would have to say corsair same for psu's
    Seagate were ok by the way but cost me to ship it back and only got a refurb drive back which sort of sucked :) mind it is still going today.
    Honestly in my opinion what is needed is a more streamlined approach to rma for everything...a lot of it is convoluted and expensive.

I think a lot of it is because we are at the ass end of the planet which just plain sucks :)

4. evilasdeath

evilasdeath Member

yeah i forgot about dell, they have NBD on some of there stuff, i had a 2405 that failed, called them friday afternoon, the couriered out a refurb monday morning and took the old at the same time

5. M United

M United Member

Can't argue with this they are the 2 major brands I use in my systems also.

6. M United

M United Member

7. FiShy

FiShy Member

retailers only need to do it for the first year so if you have a 3 year manufactures warranty then the retailers doesn't need to help you after the first year.

8. power

power Member

that's what some of them would like you to think.

9. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

I've had similar fantastic experiences with monitors in the past. No questions asked replacements......brilliant.

10. zero_velocity

zero_velocity Member

I found gigabyte warranty to be good. However saying that, having every gigabyte motherboard I own suffer the same memory slot instability (having to change RAM slots because they stop working after time. Seeing as this tends to happen outside their warranty period, I opted for Asus, which has seemingly been more reliable in the long term.

However gigabyte graphics have been rock solid performers, as well as their misc peripherals.

I have found that corsair warranty turn around is usually cumbersome and drawn out. While this could be aided by the retailer (umart in this case) I think it is rather unprofessional to have to wait 2+ months for RAM to be warranted as faulty. 2 months is the quickest of the two separate occasions I had ram processed. I've also found the same of powersupplies, to which the outcome was a full refund.

11. M United

M United Member

I have to return a Corsair PSU that broke down last year and this year it's warranty will end (7 years). Can I return it to a authorised corsair repairer or do i have to mail it somewhere? The shop where i bought it from moved pretty far from its original location. Does anyone know if they repair PSU or replace them?

12. TRG.dOinK

TRG.dOinK Member

MSI for me. I want local service (Australia). Pretty sure there is a rep on here too which helps heaps!

Sometimes I will go back to the retailer, other times directly to the manufacturer. I like it that way. I can either skip the middle man and process it faster, or if its too hard, go to the retailer. There is no right or wrong way.

13. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Which member is that?

I also wonder where our Dell rep, who was also a member, went?

14. Aetherone

Aetherone Member

Australian consumer law disagrees. Was it MSY who paid a whopping fine for telling this porky to their customers?

15. _slacker_

_slacker_ Member

Yeah, they were made to post up signs all over the place letting you know your consumer rights. The act clearly states that either retailer or direct to manufacturer, consumers option.

And man, 2 months on Corsair ram? I just skip whoever and go directly to Corsair and in less than 2 weeks have replacements. If you cry loudly enough they even send you a shipping satchel so it costs you nothing :D I started using corsair for outside builds for this reason. If you leave a CC print with them they will even ship replacements before receiving your old mems.

Yellowbeard used to be an awesome forum rep for Corsair. After dealing with YB/Corsair they won my money :p

16. TRG.dOinK

TRG.dOinK Member

booj

17. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Nah I was thinking of another guy.....HellsAngel perhaps?

18. VirtualNinja

VirtualNinja Member

Well I finally received my RMA replacement from EVGA after 2 months +, 2 weeks later the new card is starting to act up with monitors dropping into standyby, display driver stopped responding and hard lockups ( note not the new driver). Plus the kernel 41 error came back.

I've run the trusty 6870 for 2 days hard, no issues, no kernel 41 errors.

Won't be touching EVGA ever again.

19. zeropluszero

zeropluszero Member

Excellent support for RMA for
    -Gigabyte & MSI warranty for videocards
    -G.skill for RAM & SSDS
    -Crucial for SSDs

Shitty support from EVGA for VGA and OCZ for SSD, though OCZ are largely defunct now.

20. Roscosity

Roscosity Member

That's pretty unfortunate... does EVGA have an RMA centre here in Aus?