Which VR headset?

Discussion in 'Video Cards & Monitors' started by summoner, Jul 9, 2018.

1. OP
    OP
    summoner

summoner Member

I had similar experience when I ordered a BeHD action cam.. Very little feed back and no tracking info etc etc.. finally got a reply after I'd done a charge back and sure enough it arrived that day. Some places are just horrendous at customer service

WRX_STi likes this.
  2. WRX_STi

WRX_STi Member

I actually think you have a head injury or some disability.
    Maybe you just missed the part where i move house soon and can't redirect FedEx?

3. bart5986

bart5986 Member

What does moving house have to do with being irrational and jumping to conclusions?

Either way, why are you worrying about receiving a pimax headset you didn't even pay for...

4. WRX_STi

WRX_STi Member

You said be patient, i needed it within the time frame they said fraudulently.
    Also i don't need it anymore, it was before i got refunded.
    Your Pimax is Garbage i pre-ordered Valve Index, delivery address to new place.
    Have a nice day.

Last edited: May 16, 2019
  5. bart5986

bart5986 Member

Says the person that doesn't even own one.

But you would say that because you are such an angry person for some reason, as well as jumping to conclusions and freaking out at any possible opportunity...

6. havabeer

havabeer Member

But... you bought a pimax? It seems like You only returned it due to shipping issues...

7. WRX_STi

WRX_STi Member

Lots of issues with cracks in the headsets, quality of strap, blurry edges at high FOV. I am glad i didn't get it now. It's more than the Valve index by a LOT and quality will be nowhere near as good.

nope likes this.
  8. Sphinx2000

Sphinx2000 Member

Ease up, Each to their own.

9. havabeer

havabeer Member

if it had ALL those issues, why did you buy one in the first place?

10. asho444

asho444 Member

Are to gonna send it back or keep it?

11. WRX_STi

WRX_STi Member

I won't get it. Moving in couple days now, can't come back here, FedEx can't redirect.
    If i did get it, i'd use it for a week and sell it on here for cheap.. Might as well let some OCAU member enjoy Chinas horrible service without the wait.

12. mrayner

mrayner Member

Ordered my pimax 5k+ Tuesday, arrived today (Friday) - via Amazon.com.au - so delivery hassles should now be sorted with the headset.

Haven't tried it yet, will mainly be using with iRacing. Upgrading from a Rift CV1.

13. nope

nope Member

lmao heardbad things about poomax let us know what its like

14. Sphinx2000

Sphinx2000 Member

Wow, so much for that. Keen to hear your review once you get it going.

15. mrayner

mrayner Member

Well... I had a short relationship...

Good - FOV is great, the vertical is also better - before I got it, I thought it'd just be horizontal that was better..
    Picture is a decent amount better than the Rift CV1 but not amazing, text was much less 'fuzzy' around the edges.
    Didn't seem to be as taxing on the system as I imagined

Bad - The main reason I sent it back was because I could barley touch the device in order to adjust it correctly without the screens going grey (blank)
    The plastic must be so thin, and the screens\cable so close to the case that just holding the headset blanked out the screen... which was a deal breaker...
    This means a restart of whatever game you are in and the pimax software... so when you are in a rig it's a massive pain in the...

The other issues were mostly fixable but:
    No Force Feedback without a restart of the controller every time.
    I had lines through the screen @ 90hz - which means you have to restart the service to fix that every time.
    I also had tracking issues with the lighthouse. But I didn't give this a proper chance because I was annoyed at the other issues.

No issue sending it back to Amazon Au - prepaid return shipping.

So if anyone wants a lighthouse and Vive audio mount let me know........

Sphinx2000 likes this.
  16. nope

nope Member

lmao that sounds horrid ill just keep waiting until vr isnt shit hardware wise in general and has some real games worth playing

17. bart5986

bart5986 Member

The screen goes grey when there is tracking loss, it might have been a lighthouse issue or a software issue, did you have the latest beta and firmware?

It sounds like you don't have a Vive, which might mean you aren't familiar with lighthouses.

Also you said you have a single lighthouse, you really need two lighthouses, especially if you want to be touching your headsets and blocking tracking.

Here is a list of things that can cause tracking issues and grey screens

1. Any mirror in the room, the larger the mirror, the more its guaranteed to cause issues.

2. Super bright lights, especially fluorescent.

3. Lighthouses not having line of sight to each other (if you don't use a sync cable)

4. Lighthouses not being in the correct mode (a, b, c)

5. USB issues (not enough power or signal)

6. Lighthouses not installed securely, or installed in an area that vibrates. Any movement or vibration of the lighthouse will cause loss of tracking.

7. Lighthouses not positioned correctly, if you haven't seen the instructions you might have done it incorrectly, the lighthouse IR light does not project in the way you think.

All of your issues seem to be software/tracking related, part of which is likely the setup, which is harder then it should be, and also the software, which is in beta, so has more issues then it should.

Last edited: May 23, 2019 at 10:37 AM