1. OCAU Merchandise now available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion here.
    Dismiss Notice

Whirlpool vs OCAU Rnd 2 (BF2)

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by ╙╢me, Jul 22, 2006.

?

What Maps to Play

Poll closed Aug 1, 2006.
  1. Dalian Plant

20 vote(s)
    26.0%
  2. Daqing Oilfields

10 vote(s)
    13.0%
  3. Dragon Valley

16 vote(s)
    20.8%
  4. FurShe Pass

20 vote(s)
    26.0%
  5. Gulf of Oman

24 vote(s)
    31.2%
  6. Kubra Dam

14 vote(s)
    18.2%
  7. Mastuur City

33 vote(s)
    42.9%
  8. Operation Clean Sweep

8 vote(s)
    10.4%
  9. Sharqi Peninsula

33 vote(s)
    42.9%
  10. Songuha Stalemate

11 vote(s)
    14.3%
  11. Strike at Karkland

32 vote(s)
    41.6%
  12. Wake Island

33 vote(s)
    42.9%
  13. Zatar Wetlands

12 vote(s)
    15.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. ╙╢me

╙╢me Member

Hi all, After the success of the first match, We will organise a match for next friday night and continue it week to week if interest is there.. Try and make it a bit more informal to take some load of kona boy organising everything. We will post the details early in the week, and whoever shows up on the night is in..

The server this time will be hosted by WGN (wild gaming network) (unconfirmed)
    We will try and use global unlocks so everyone can use their unlocks. Also try and get better rcon to the server than bf2cc.. And try and get someone who can reboot the server if it crashes again (Grrr)..

Hopefully we can iron out all the bugs from this week and apply them next week, so if you have any suggestions please post them up. It will make for better gaming.

Also do you think 2 rnds is enough or should it be 4? Also maybe we can have more than three maps also.. I made a poll to vote on maps, what do we want to play.!!

Last edited: Jul 22, 2006
  2. ProphecyKnthrak

ProphecyKnthrak Member

rounds depends on maps. Less maps, more rounds. More maps, less rounds.

Need auto swapping the least. too tired to say more.

3. Jewsian

Jewsian (Banned or Deleted)

definitely the person who books the server has to make sure autoswapping is enabled...yesterday was confusing when noone was autoswapped after first round.

4. omen_child

omen_child Member

Any chance we can have our unlocks next time too?

5. kona_boy

kona_boy Member

I don't really mind what the maps are as long as there is no Kubra Dam or Karkand and there IS Wake Island. Other than that I am easy.

6. Jewsian

no unlocks....unlocks would be unfair to those who don't have the unlocks or don't have SF + I'm fairly sure the rule for scrims is no unlocks ie standard/stock weapons only :)

7. OP
    OP
    ╙╢me

╙╢me Member

Yep agreed that was because I wasnt allowed enough rights to the BF2cc admin and had no ingame rcon, This week Predominant (from wild) has offered the servers for us, He will monitor both the server load and the BF2 stability whilst ingame, to ensure that the server does not crash, rather than just bringing it back up after a crash. Also the admin part of it will be sorted, teamswap will be sorted.. :)

Last night was good to iron out any bugs, next week they will be sorted..

Also there is a possibility of having global unlocks turned on, so we can play with unlocked weapons, if thats what everyone wants..

8. Borgod

Borgod Member

OK a couple of things you need to know before trying to admin a game.

1) ATM, unlocks are NOT available UNLESS its a ranked server (which it isn't) (this is a patch issue, but will be fixed with patch 1.4)

2) You need BF2CC to restart the server

3) You need rcon to restart the round. Bad decision to use Internode if they're not willing to give you the rcon password. (I can do this if you give me the rcon password)

4) You need to stick to your times. If people aren't in the server on time it's their bad luck. Everyone gets bored waiting for the game to start.

5) You need the in-game names of EVERYONE who is playing BEFORE we start, then kick out the randoms who are not invited.

6) You need to ENFORCE the rules. If people start spawn camping the uncap with vehicles, then boot them from the game regardless. They all know the rules if they read the thread.

9. ProphecyKnthrak

ProphecyKnthrak Member

I hate this rule. I never spawn camp but you and others that think that r just plain pussies. There is ALWAYS a solution to kill spawn campers with ease. If u can't, u ain't a good player and r a noob urself. Close BF2 and uninstall it. What if there are no other flags to capture? On the D.Plant map, the US dominated the map and we all moved into the Chinese Base cose it was the only place to kill. Thats called Surpression! I"ll only accept this rule if in real life, they start bitching about "u can't bomb HQ of a country" :p

10. kevincooper

kevincooper Member

"do you want to act like the real UN, or do you just want to squabble and waste time?" :p

sign me up for this match, i'll note it down so no other plans get in the way

11. OP
    OP
    ╙╢me

╙╢me Member

1. We May have a work around
    2. Bf2cc will not restart the server. (it needed a hard restart from CLI)
    3 Rcon passwords and admin duties are sorted, (thanks Wild IT)
    4 Sorry for this, it seems WP members thought it was a 9pm start..
    5 I had ingame names, and i was kicking randoms i kicked about 7 all up.
    6 We agreed earlier that the there are no rules, except for base uncap camping using a vehicle and making a menace of yourself.. No one actually complained to coyote or myself, i would have kicked them instantly

12. h0uSe

h0uSe Member

Which WP need to stick too.

I'm happy to play again with everyone, was enjoyable experiance last time.

But im more then happy to let some other OCAU'ers have a go too.

edit: Thanks again 4me for the organise of the match ;)

13. Vassili

Vassili Member

Im definately keen for rnd2. Im about as team-orientated as they come. Should be good fun.

14. LorenzoQ

LorenzoQ Member

I hope we play Wake, fushe pass, and kubra dam. The sort of maps which aren't much fun on pub servers and never get played in competitive matches.

Also, karkand was fairly fun last time, and mashtuur would be good.

Edit: Karkand infantry only would be so so good!

Last edited: Jul 22, 2006
  15. AusJoKeR

AusJoKeR Member

I'll admit I did bomb your uncap a few times, but only because I knew your chopper and plane was hassling us, and I wanted to keep the people using them, and the vehicles, on the ground. Although I didn't do a very good job :p

16. h0uSe

h0uSe Member

It's all good mate I'm just a whinger :) Had a ball that whole time.

17. Jimmy89

Jimmy89 Member

Where can i register to play?

18. Borgod

Borgod Member

Can you please join me in Teamspeak next week and offer me more words of wisdom?

It isn't about being pussies or that you can't overcome it - it's about EVERYONE have fun, including the pilots who may or may not be the best in the air, but at least they can get up there.
    This is a FUN match and cheap, 'dirty' tactics that are widely accepted in clanning circles are not wanted in these matches. Please make make the distinction between the two.

If the rule is changed to allow camping in cappables with vehicles, then I retract my retort.

19. Jewsian

that is true...people on whirlpool got the news that it was 9pm syd time start and 8:30pm was the time for the adelaide people - just miscommunication which needs to be fixed next time.

20. AusJoKeR

AusJoKeR Member

I was told that I could attack the uncap. Actually, on Dalian I wasn't attacking the uncap, it was the airfield.