White mousepad wanted but from where?

Discussion in 'Modding' started by super kermit, Oct 24, 2018.

1. super kermit

super kermit Member

2. havabeer

havabeer Member

one slip with the dorito's or VB and that thing is ruined... a white mouse pad would like glorious though, is it worth talking to a few of the places that do custom ones and seeing if they will do a solid color for you. other wise $53 dollars seems like a pretty decent price for one

3. cmi83

cmi83 Member

It would be glorious, for i'm guessing around a week or two. Not just the food thing, but even white keyboards start building up some muck after a little while. Imagine something even more porous (that doesn't sound right, but you know what i mean)

Unless you could regularly use some form of bleach / stain remover on it? Keen to see how this one turns out as i've always wanted a white mouse pad to go with timber desk :)

4. isaakk

isaakk Member

Yeah.. not going to stay white for long so not sure that's a good idea. Even just with use it's going to turn gray in a couple weeks at the least - no matter how clean you try and keep it.

5. Defyant

Defyant Member

White mouse mats are like clubbing in white jeans........by the end of the night you know you made a big mistake !

6. Hater

Hater Member

Could you make one that is made out of perspex or something but textured, so you can easily wipe it down?

Defyant and cmi83 like this.
  7. asho444

asho444 Member

cmi83 likes this.
  8. Defyant

Defyant Member

Yes you can, ive used matt white the gloss wont work on some mice, but the matt seemed to work fine..

9. Hater

Hater Member

there's a "mod" you could probably make pretty easily and sell for a premium to RGB fanboys everywhere, some clear textured perspex, some LED's wired to a microUSB input, wham bam thank you $250

10. Defyant

Defyant Member

I remember making the first proper usb powered led mouse mate maybe 15 years ago.... there was no RGB back then but i still used LED's .... even back then it was talked about one day the idea would be borrowed!