why are there no slim atx cases?

Discussion in 'Newbie Lounge' started by spotted, Oct 23, 2018.

1. OP
    OP
    spotted

spotted Member

Already got the mATX before even realising ITX was for regular people to build with. That's how out of date I am. I saw the Core G3 , the reviews seem to say this and all slim cases are rather noisy? I don't know what 'noisy' means, or how it compares.

2. wwwww

wwwww Member

Silverstone LC19, very slim thing that supports full sized ATX (note you'll need to remove the HDD bay to fit an ATX board in it).

3. Groff

Groff Member

Yep!

Though I can't remember which Silverstone case has side grilles which are not flush so no type of filter works :(
    I ended up cutting up flyscreen and adhering it to the inside of the grilles with silicone.

4. FNQer

FNQer Member

whadya get, OP?

5. OP
    OP
    spotted

spotted Member

Was trying to source a bitfenix, but couldn't find one. My other gear arrived, so now I'm using my old case.
    Bit disappointed there's nothing that gives me a big upgrade on this old case..

6. philquad

philquad Member

7. OP
    OP
    spotted

spotted Member

Tbh I can't remember why I didn't like some of the other cases . It may be because they don't have sound dampening materials on the panels. Part is I thought I'd have 2 computers and sell the old one as a whole but I've actually sold the old mb cpu now. Just the ram left . So no advantage having a spare case /psu. And now I got new fancy silent fans I'm even more quiet.

Next time I'll know to start with an itx mb

8. Szemen

Szemen Member

Keep an eye out on Project Orthrus. Very slim mATX case. Under 16L.

Otherwise, sub 30L mATX cases are fairly easy to find like Jonsbo RM3, but are still about 21cm wide.

Sub 20L mATX cases like http://www.sliger.com/products/cases/cerberus/ is very nice but very costly. ~17cm wide.

The width though would be due to cooler size compatibility and 120mm rear exhaust, coupled with the thickness of the rear i/o.