Wifi Drivers no longer available!

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting Help' started by Moarkill, Mar 7, 2017.

1. Moarkill

Moarkill Member

Hey guys so I have an older Qualcomm Atheros wifi card (HP 802.11b/g or WN5301a-H1) I have the driver installed on one windows 10 pc and it works perfectly. On the other pc, which I just upgraded from win 7 to 10, it doesnt work even tho it did prior to the update of the OS. The Atheros website that I got the working drivers from is no longer online

Any ideas on a way to find and transfer the drivers to the other pc from the one that is working??

Last edited: Mar 7, 2017
  2. power

power Member

try connecting a network cable and letting windows update find a driver.

3. OP
    OP
    Moarkill

Moarkill Member

Yea I have spent hours with the cable connected and searching manually. No luck

4. power

power Member

ah ok, yeah I would have expected that WU might have something for you - have you tried just pointing it @ the 7 driver?

5. OP
    OP
    Moarkill

Moarkill Member

Yea it detects the driver, but it wont actually work. It says it is there in device manager, with an alert saying it can not start

6. O-B-E-L-I-X

O-B-E-L-I-X Member

7. OP
    OP
    Moarkill

Moarkill Member

Cant see them on there. I have now manually deleted the drivers from the pc, copy and pasted the driver files from the working pc, and still nothing. I click the driver details and it says no drivers installed (in device manager) then I go to browse, point it to the new files, and it says drivers are up to date...I go and check the drivers, and agaiun it says, no drivers installed.

8. O-B-E-L-I-X

O-B-E-L-I-X Member

Something has happen to that web site, used to be able to select English and had plenty of Qualcomm Atheros drivers... maybe it's just getting redone and will come back in a time.

9. staffy007

staffy007 Member

Had the same problem with update to win 10 and no luck with drivers so I just bought a later model card .

10. OP
    OP
    Moarkill

Moarkill Member

Yea its frustrating as it works great on one Win 10 pc and not the other..I just wish there was a way to extract and install the drivers between pcs

11. i7Baby

i7Baby Member

Yep - my vote goes to getting another card too.

12. beaco

beaco Member

13. ae00711

ae00711 Member

then it isn't a driver issue perhaps.
    try a different slot/port or take it out, then put it back in to ensure proper installation

you can.

14. Bold Eagle

Bold Eagle Member

These drivers?:

https://www.atheros-drivers.com/

Is there any S/N: om the card then you can isolate the chipset and find a driver for it.

P.s. in the future DL and save all drivers and keep them until a later one appears never delete drivers!

Last edited: Mar 18, 2017
  15. mareke

mareke Member

Sound advice. I keep drivers for all of my hardware saved in case they might be needed e.g. if I transfer a card to a new computer. There is a site (see the link below) that I occasionally used in the past to search for drivers. I haven't used it for many years because I save drivers. Type in the name of the card you need drivers for and it searches the 1.8 million drivers in the data base. When I typed in 'Qualcomm Atheros wifi card' it came up with 781 drivers!

http://www.driverguide.com/

16. OP
    OP
    Moarkill

Moarkill Member

Thanks guys. I have a model and serial number and have the drivers for my pc saved on a drive. They just aren't working with win 10 since the anniversary update. They were working fine til I had to reinstall.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2017