Wii E3 - 7th December launch date announced for Australia

Discussion in 'Nintendo Consoles' started by WindMinstrel, May 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KRiSX

KRiSX Member

yeah i already changed mine...

anyone want my myer pre-order? lol

2. Tsudo

Tsudo Member

yay back from my self-ban :) this has prolly been mentioned heaps already but i havent read back yet but TRU are offering NFS:Carbon officially now as a 2nd game choice..

so close to the wii!! :leet:

3. Spootage

Spootage Member

By second game choice do you mean you now get to choose between 'Open Season' and 'NFS: Carbon' as the free game when you pre-order?

4. Tsudo

Tsudo Member

yes, since the majority of complaints have been due to them having open season as the free game they have decided to give a 2nd free game choice of NFS:carbon. You can still only get 1 free game, good for those people who havent preordered @ myer or dont want the coupons

5. Spootage

Spootage Member

Yeah. I still haven't pre-ordered anywhere. Dont want open season and didnt really want GT Pro Series. Was only going to order through myer because of the vouchers and the fact that GT looks better than OS.

If what you say is true I will have to re-think my plans.

6. funnelbc

funnelbc Member

I pre-ordered at my local eb, but I might see if they will match the offer of NFS-Carbon at toys, and if not I will get mine from there. Even if i have to forfeit my $20 deposit, $20 bucks aint bad for a game.

7. Tsudo

Tsudo Member

you get 100% refund back from EB preorders, if they tell you different they are lying

8. dexster

dexster Member

just had confirmation call from tru in adelaide... i could reserve open season OR NFS:carbon :confused:

i am not too sure as i have not kept upto date but i ordered NFS:carbon?!! :o

not too sure if i made the right decision BUT zelda was out of the question :tongue: :D

... i still think a free game - straight up - is a good deal :Pirate:

9. Ace Rimmer

Ace Rimmer Member

Just got back from Indooroopilly Shopping Centre. Myer have a demo wii setup. Two people were playing wii sports bowling, I didn't stick around to have a go, but it looked fun.

10. Sachimo2000

Sachimo2000 Member

So the cheapest way to get the Wii and Zelda looks to be through Myers with the vouchers?

11. BigMatty

BigMatty Member

Over at 'vooks' there is some guy on the forum who claims to work for Big W, and says they're putting together a pre-order deal where you will get a free remote.

Also it seems lots of toys r us stores aren't certain about the free game / NFS option thing.

I have also read that some myers are rejecting people who signed up to the myer one card just for the free game, and say you need to be a 'full' member, which requires spending over $1000 at myer in a year.

So yeah, lots of shenanigans for pre-ordering.. I want a wii but don't know where to pre-order yet... leaning towards toys r us with free NFS, as I can't be bothered screwing around with a myer one card :p

12. char

char Member

I'm fairly certain that in order to get the free game at Toys 'R Us, then you had to have pre-ordered on their old deal, the only choices you have there now are either the big $729 Family pack, or just the console by itself for $399.95.

That's interesting about Big W - it would be great if they did Remote + Wii Play rather than just the remote. :)

13. Sachimo2000

Sachimo2000 Member

Yea, either way it would get my vote. The 'free' games offered by the other stores don't do anything for me.

14. proffesso

proffesso Member

tried out Bowling today...pretty damn good, hopefully Exite Truck is at the gamesexpo tommorow

15. QuakeDude

QuakeDude ooooh weeee ooooh

Spot on - the Wii was never about the graphics, it was a bout enjoyable gameplay. Its been great - the last few months, I've cared more about the features and games more so than what they actually looked like on screen..

I've lost the Graphics-whore urge, if I get it again, I'll pick up a 360. Some of the reviews that have come out have been surprising good, and the Wii is being featured absolutely everywhere.. I'll be surprised if it doesn't end up being the success that it was marketed to be ..

16. snaggs

snaggs Member

GameTraders in Carillion will do you a better deal if your not interested in the free racing car game. Otherwise yeh, looks like Myer and Toys R Us are the best IF you want the free game.

For me, I'm buying "Cars", so don't really need another racing car game.

Daniel.

17. grum00

grum00 Member

It'll most certainly be a success, in terms of Nintendo's bank balance that is. Sony can sell millions (and Microsoft for that matter) and Nintendo can sell one Wii and they will still be ahead financially. ;) Seriously though, I'm pretty confident it will sell much better than the Gamecube which will make the Wii very profitable for Nintendo. I would hate to compare profits if the Wii sells anywhere remotely close to the amount of PS3's Sony will sell. If I was a Nintendo exec, I would be pretty damn happy at this point at how this generation is shaping up.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2006
  18. stenchlord

stenchlord Member

Still have to pay mine and my friends off :(

Only put down the initial deposit on them... so still $700 to go.

I wonder why Games Wizards still hasn't called telling me what special offer they have running with it... might give them a call tomorrow and find out.

19. samos

samos Member

Pre ordered at Myer.. console for $400.. and $600 worth of 'discount' coupons.. does anyone have more info on what these can be used for? Or are they bullshit? Says anything electronical but what's the catch?

20. arasta

arasta Member

just had a cackle at ps3 not able to do upscaling...

so i guess nintendo were right not to be concerned they cant 'do' HD :D

rather tempted to get a preorder, esp if BigW do have that extra remote pack... i just hope the wii-Scart is available here this time around (unlike the GC, when you had to get it in from euro..).

anyone know if the SCART cable will be available here?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.