Wii Games Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Nintendo Consoles' started by vedlin, Dec 5, 2006.

1. StratosFear

StratosFear Member

No worries. Some are saying you have to be up to date and have your wii online so maybe make sure it's online too.

The disc will still tell you to click ok to update and it seems to do a quick update but in my case once it started back up I was good to go.

2. trop

trop Member

My copy should be here today too, so thanks for the heads up aswell.

3. da_ilks

da_ilks Member

Speaking of bricking, was worried shitless this morning. Updated the firmware online yesterday, go play today and the remote refused to work (just lit up all LED's). Tried for 30mins to try re-sync it to the console, following the instructions, nada. Old faithful Internet had the cure - unplug from the wall for 10 secs, then turn back on, re-sync, 1 working controller :thumbup:

Sorry if it's a known problem :)

On another note, the lack of games is kinda disturbing. I see Scarface is coming out, but the Gear of Wars 360 pack is tempting...

4. trop

trop Member

What do you think of the game? I'v only played it for about an hour and for me its just OK. I like the demension swapping between 2d/3d, its a good feature which adds a bit to some puzzles but the huge amount of text bubbles so far is starting to shit me. Maybe its time for some voice acting in mario bros....

5. Critical_Impact

Critical_Impact Member

A lot of people have been saying that Paper Mario will brick your PAL console if you attempt to update it using a NTSC copy of Paper Mario, now I'd imagine this happens because well Nintendo never intended the game to be played on PAL consoles.

Anyway the gist of it is, if you plan on importing and dumping the game yourself and converting it to work on PAL make sure you have updated to the latest firmware on your console and an active wireless internet connection would be good to have.

I haven't gotten mine yet as I'm getting it from overseas so I'll post again with results on whether or not it bricks me :p

6. csimpson

csimpson Member

I picked up SSX Blur this afternoon, still getting into it. Seems pretty good, and the graphics are pretty decent in my book for what it's worth.

I also picked up Super Mario Sunshine today, and it's fantastic. :)

7. proffesso

proffesso Member

paper mario any good?

my fav marios were Mario World and Mario 3....NDS Mario was OK...nothin special imo

8. trop

trop Member

ummm what conversion do you have to do to paper mario? Mine just asked to do the firmware update thingy then went straight to the game.

I think the whole bricking thing is just what stratosfear warned about a couple posts above. Just make sure your wii is @ version 2.1e before starting paper mario or it will flash your pal wii with ntsc firmware and leave you with a nice white brick.

professo - Its really slow to get into and the level design is pretty shitty in the first couple chapters, thats all i'v done so far but my impressions are its wii-ish (my new term for anything overhyped and average). You might like it though as u didn't think much of NDS mario and I thought it was the best mario game in years

Last edited: Apr 11, 2007
  9. proffesso

proffesso Member

NSB was the best mario in ages, but also I felt it was overhyped. hence my lack of enthusiasm for paper mario.

I want somthing co-op really, seeing as I dont play the Wii myself, but whats out there that is good co-op? (apart from VC titles :))

10. trop

trop Member

well if new super mario bros disappointed because it felt overhyped i'd steer clear of paper mario... As for co-op games I don't think there are any on wii yet??? The best games for competitive multiplayer I'v found are DragonBall Z and Excite truck, other than wiisports of course.

11. StratosFear

StratosFear Member

If you liked/enjoyed Paper Mario - The Thousand Year Old Door on Gamecube then you will probably like this.

If you havn't played TTYOD then I highly recommend you track it down and play it.

While they are different in that TTYOD had turn based battles and Super Paper Mario is realtime battles and a bit more platformy. They share a lot of similarities in story telling, humour and atmosphere.

But they really don't share that many similarities with other Mario games.

12. funnelbc

funnelbc Member

I'm dead keen to try super paper mario as I was a huge fan of the thousand year door. Bit unsure if I want to go to the trouble of modding my wii so I can play import titles though.

13. Elyzion

Elyzion Member

Im modding mine, i have no intension to use it online and i hate the prices i have to pay in NZ.

$119 for a new game, get stuffed.

Which reminds me i need brian to bring in his soldering iron.

14. Elyzion

Elyzion Member

Speaking of bricking!!!! Got DBZ, and i almost smashed my Wii cos i thought the Wiimote was broken. Turns out if you have a gamecube controller pluged in it selects that first. So i had to remove it to use the Wiimote.

15. Critical_Impact

Critical_Impact Member

The updated browser has just been released. Im using at the moment. It seems pretty good so far.

16. Spootage

Spootage Member

Dammit.

Looks like I need to pack the Wii up and take it to my mates house to update it.

Unfortunately I dont have the internets at home so cannot update it myself.

17. D3vilman

D3vilman Member

i got my WII the day that it came out and there wasent really many games out for it but no some more have come out and they are still crap. sonic was all it cracked up to be and COD3 looks kool, prince of P was crap, medal of H was ok, dragon ball z was fun, all the others where crap, ramons was fun to start off with but the games just keept repeating them selfs but just got a tad harder each time. im waiting till the good games come out at the end of the year. like metroid, mario and some others.

18. Spootage

Spootage Member

Aren't we all. Although, we wont have to wait until the end of the year for these games. Probably just a few months for mario party and a few others.

19. D3vilman

D3vilman Member

as if marrio party, im saying super mario galaxy now that should be fun. super mario party got boring after number 2, now they r up to number 8 i mean did they make a super mario party for like every nintendo thing or what ther are just so many of them,

20. Elyzion

Elyzion Member

Wow dude lay off the crack pipe. Im modding my console to get jap games too from play-asia. I want Bleach!!!!