William Creek by night (UPdated with more shots..56k no way)

Discussion in 'The Gallery' started by amsm, Jul 12, 2009.

1. amsm

amsm Member

I am just back from 2 weeks on this trip. No doubt, it will spawn a few threads as I work through the 3000 pics....

To start the ball rolling, here's a few from William Creek, near Lake Eyre.

#1, Evening drink. IEF gets a top-up after the long flight from Alice Springs
    [​IMG]

#2, The pub, from the outside.
    [​IMG]

#3, The bar, inside.
    [​IMG]

#4, This one has a kind of "Wake in Fright", or "Wolf Creek" type of feel.
    [​IMG]

#5, Space junk by moonlight (there was a just-past-full moon, so it was bright !). Unless you are a rocket-geek, the daytime shot is kinda uninspiring compared with this.
    [​IMG]

Let me know what you reckon.

Most shot with the 400D (weighs 1/3 of a 1D, which is important in light aircraft !) and 28-70 f2.8/L (took the 400D so i could take my good glass :lol:)

Last edited: Jul 21, 2009
  2. Sadant

Sadant Member

i like them :)

3. Squeezer

Squeezer Member

First one of the plane refuelling I find a bit Dull, but like the rest. The "Wolf Creek " one and the space junk photo are very nice.

Just checked the companies website and it looks like a fun thing to do. Flying round the countryside in a light plane - bet it isnt all that cheap though ?

4. OP
    OP
    amsm

amsm Member

Yeah, it's not too cheap. Thankfully, brother-in-law (refuelling the plane, in that shot) covered all the plane costs. My mate and I only had to cover our ground costs (accom, meals, drinks etc).

But you certainly get a feel for how big and empty the place is, when you fly over it at 2500 - 5500 feet in a light plane, compared with at 20,000 - 35,000 in a jet :lol:

5. OP
    OP
    amsm

amsm Member

Some more shots

#1 Clouds reflected in Lake Eyre
    [​IMG]

#2 More clouds. The wingtip is deliberate...it shows the rego of the plane we were in, as a memory for the pilot, particularly.
    [​IMG]

#3 The bustling metropolis of William Creek from the air, showing the runway (across the middle of the pic) and International Airport
    [​IMG]

#4 Refuelling. Found this shot later, it's better than the other I posted
    [​IMG]

#5 The passenger shuttle to the hotel
    [​IMG]

#6 The joyflight chopper made a nice bit of foreground for a sunset shot
    [​IMG]

6. Squeezer

Squeezer Member

That last one of the chopper would be :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: if you managed to get the rest of the rotor in the photo