Win 10 + 1070 BSOD

Discussion in 'Video Cards & Monitors' started by quwackers, Dec 11, 2016.

1. quwackers

quwackers Member

Been have a recurring issue of BSOD the error VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR.

I have done a fair bit of googling and tried all of the suggested fixes of removing all old drivers, I even did a fresh install and it didn't help.

Drivers are up to date, direct from NVIDIA.

It appears to occur during intensive GPU applications (GW2 on Ultra at 3440x1440), specifically when I switch focus to a browser (Firefox) it also occurs if I attempt to open GW2 again immediately after a BSOD reboot.

Is there any suggestions of what to do? At this point it seems to me like hardware failure rather than software...

2. Partha

Partha Member

What you have described, GW2 seems to be the common application here. Does the PC crash with other games ? Is it possible that you manually overclocked your GTX 1070 to unstable limits ? Are you running any custom fan curve to cool the GPU during intense gaming ? Does your PC has any CPU overclock ? If your PC is overclocked, did you run appropriate stability tests like OCCT ? Are your monitoring your PC temps via any software, and are the temps all right for both CPU and GPU?

3. DarkForceMage

DarkForceMage Member

4. TaroT

TaroT Member

5. Pinkeh

Pinkeh Member

Are you supplying enough power? ;)

6. OP
    OP
    quwackers

quwackers Member

This may be the solution, I have just updated the BIOS and we will see how it goes.

Some additional information I had not supplied was that the problem seemed to be related to heat, but I had only done some short testing. I noticed the fan wasnt running without EVGA Precision open, so I started using it without a curve and the fan on max hadn't had a BSOD since. I will go without Precision for a bit now I have updated the vBios and see how it goes. :)

Thanks to Partha, TaroT, and Pinkeh for their suggestions if this does not work I will systematically go through yours.