1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Win 10 purchasing

Discussion in 'Windows Operating Systems' started by Lostnewb, Jan 24, 2022.

1. Lostnewb

Lostnewb Member

Is the best way to buy Win 10 just to go into PLE and buy the dvd / USB? Or is there a cheaper, secret method that people in the know use? I'm over the whole pirating windows thing, as long as I can turn off telemetry and windows sending my data back to reddington I'm happy.

ysojelly likes this.
  2. power

power Member

do you have an old windows key somewhere (7 and up), anywhere be it on a busted laptop or an old PC that's no longer used?

enter that when asked to activate, happy days.

Wacko02 and Lostnewb like this.
  3. HobartTas

HobartTas Member

I had previously bought other stuff and then I bought a copy of Windows 10 from here several months ago and it registered the serial number OK and I haven't had any problems since then.

Lostnewb likes this.
  4. Cererus

Cererus Member

Free with Win7 serial as above

DL the windows media creation tool and tell it to create install on a USB drive so you get the latest-ish version, saves time and bandwidth over getting a CD

or USB from a bricks and mortar store which is out of date by the time you get it and will then need to DL all the updates after you have installed

https://www.microsoft.com/en-au/software-download/windows10
    Also unplug all drives except the one you want as you boot drive then once installed power off and reconnect your other drives, window will find them - saves boot issues

Last edited: Jan 25, 2022
    Lostnewb likes this.
  5. OP
    OP
    Lostnewb

Lostnewb Member

Thanks people, will see if I can chase up some win 7 keys, if not will have a look at the possibly dodgy online retailer. If it worked for Hob though, should work for me.

Cheers

6. Sledge

Sledge Member

one of the tech youtubers always have adverts for buying win 10 pro for like $25US or something..
    but i can't remember which one..
    either graphically challenged or Moores Law is dead

7. Beanz

Beanz Member

From their website - Note: To avoid any issues in the redemption process, redeem the code without any network connectivity (unplug cable, disable wireless)

I think the price is a giveaway, but the above tells us it's definitely dodgy...

8. Sledge

Sledge Member