WIN a SteelSeries APEX M800 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard worth $279!

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Hardware' started by SCORPTEC, Apr 10, 2015.

1. bah

bah Member

The Steelseries Apex M800 features newly designed QS1 mechanical switches with 25% faster actuation compared to traditional switches. The low profile layout of the M800 allows for quick, seamless transition between keys and across the keyboard, minimizing fatigue.

I had to do that entirely with my mouse because my old keyboard is too slow.

2. ochojo

ochojo Member

Orange is the new RED

And we all know the anything red it must go FAST.

3. karigan

karigan Member

What makes this keyboard so fast?? THREE REASONS :D

1. NEWLY-DESIGNED SWITCHES
    We partnered with experts in switch technology to create the perfect switch for the M800. The result is the incredible QS1 switch. With a smooth linear action and 25% faster actuation than the traditional mechanical switch, the QS1 is built for pure speed. QS1 switches have a 3mm throw depth, a 1.5mm actuation and only require a 45cN actuation force.

2. LOW-PROFILE LAYOUT
    The keyboard is built at a low angle and with an optimally designed linear key layout that cuts down on finger travel distance. This allows for seamless, quick transitions between keys and across the keyboard for less fatigue on your fingers no matter how furiously they fly.

3. GUARANTEED PERFORMANCE WITH DUAL PROCESSORS
    Your 600 APM would go to waste if the brains of the keyboard couldn’t keep up. That’s why we added an additional CPU inside the M800 that is dedicated only to processing key presses. No lag, no excuses. And when the gaming gets hectic, N-key rollover allows up to 256 key presses at once with zero issues.

Also... RAINBOWS <3 <3 <3

4. riot123

riot123 Member

The sexy curvvvesss. :)

5. pugsley

pugsley Member

You know people go on about the features inside that make this keyboard so fast, the new switches, dedicated cpu for key presses, the flat layout for ease of movement across the board and a multitude of other things that people never see.

What makes this keyboard truly fast is its looks. Those customisable lights add milliseconds to your movement speed.
    That sleek design intimidating those around you into being slower. People will use pics of this keyboard as their avatar online to garner both fear and respect, as well as immense E-peen.

This keyboard screams

Last edited: Apr 11, 2015
  6. Maldark

Maldark Member

This keyboard is the fastest thing with buttons for many reasons:

1. The uniquely designed switches designed for minimal exertion and travel time while maintaining the feel and reliability of a mechanical keyboard.

2. It's low profile keys allow easer travel from button to button. Lower travel times means more presses, faster typing and better gaming response.

3. It features a dual processor for dealing with an insane amount of concurrent button presses. Forget anti-ghosting, this is the ghosting killer.

This is not to mention the other plethora of features and customisability. This is one hell of a keyboard, I'd love to be its owner, I'd have to pass on my current SteelSeries board to my girlfriend.

7. rireland

rireland Member

The perfect aerodynamics of the body combined with a specific spectrum of led back-lighting actually allows this keyboard to bend time, giving you an advantage over the competition. I can see this peripheral being banned from e-sports in the near future so I'd advise to act fast and make full use of it while it lasts.

8. Arg999

Arg999 Member

The M800 is at it's fastest when you set the LEDs to RED!

9. bradleyk

bradleyk Member

new processors(awesomeness of two..) new switch designs.
    and great developers.

10. Radley

Radley Member

Magnets. But how do they work?

11. bleckers

bleckers Member

It's faster than a potato. That's pretty fast!

12. ting

ting Member

Keyboard infused with Chuck Norris sweat

13. Rhimes

Rhimes Member

The smooth, linear 1.5mm actuation from the new QS1 switches, nkey rollover and the dual processors.

That and the express freight to my house :D

14. fatman350

fatman350 Member

QS1 switches have a 3mm throw depth, a 1.5mm actuation and only require a 45cN actuation force. All of the design choices in the QS1 switch specifications were made with two goals in mind: React faster and spend less wasted effort as you destroy your competition!

And dual onboard processors for zero lag reaction !

15. ECHO

ECHO Member

It actually looks extremely aerodynamic! I wonder if I throw it, maybe it would fly back to me like a boomerang? Maybe it's the world first rageproofTM keyboard?

16. n2o_spark

n2o_spark Member

The SteelSereis Apex M800 keyboard is the fastest keyboard around because at the time of that statement, it was on board the ThrustSSC.

17. thelute

thelute Member

It's the fastest because it has:

• Newly Designed QS1 Switches (25% faster actuation than the traditional mechanical switch because of the 3mm throw depth, a 1.5mm actuation and only requiring a 45cN actuation force)
    • Low Profile Layout (optimally designed linear key layout that cuts down on finger travel distance), and
    • Dual Processors (has an additional CPU inside that is dedicated only to processing key presses and N-key rollover allowing up to 256 key presses at once with zero issues)
    but more importantly, because Scorptec said so in the original post. :thumbup:

18. MUTMAN

MUTMAN Member

is fastest cause

hipster killing switchs n elctron stuff that SS did a custom job on

19. chunsa

chunsa Member

What do hands feel when they touch the keyboard?

It’s the power that allows you to create. Boundless ideas and actions can be transmitted instantly.

It’s the feeling of the fingers depressing each key and each press should feel great.

It’s letting other people witness you are using something beautiful.

What do we get when we combine all of these and perfect it into the world’s fastest and most customizable mechanical gaming keyboard?

The SteelSeries M800 Apex.

When your hands seamlessly transitions between keys across the keyboard, you can feel how perfect the low profile layout truly is. Every time you type you are getting quicker, you are getting stronger, you are feeling the true power of the level key caps.

When your hands aren’t tired from having to mash hard on the keys, you start to truly appreciate the newly designed QS1 mechanical switches. This incredibly fast low-profile switch allows for 25% faster actuation compared to traditional switches. With keys that presses faster easily, you will notice typing just got quicker.

When your hands demand that every typing counts, and every second counts, the M800 solves that by adding an additional CPU dedicated only to processing key presses. With dual processor architecture, you get lag free gaming and the comfort of knowing that all your keys will register and register fast.

No more lag. No more excuses. The world’s fastest and most customizable mechanical gaming keyboard.

The SteelSeries M800 Apex.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2015
  20. Turbine

Turbine Member

Why should I care how fast it is when it's THAT DAMN AWESOMELY COLOURFUL.