WIN: Tronix Portable Power Range! Let us know your feedback!

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones & Devices' started by Kevdch, Oct 4, 2014.

1. Kevdch

Kevdch New Member

Hi OCAU!

To celebrate the launch of Tronix, we are giving away some of our external batteries to the OCAU community!

We will be giving 5 lucky winners their choice of 1 product from our external battery range and all you have to do is just fill a form!

Our current external battery range:
    Tronix Tinker - 6000 mAh (Gunmetal Grey/Silver)
    Tronix Slim 5000 - 6000 mAh (Silver/Navy)
    Tronix Slim 8000 - 8000 mAh (Silver/Navy)

We'll randomly select 5 winners by 25/10/2014 and contact you through the forum & email!

Also if you are one of the winners, you agree to do the following:
    1. Post a review on at least 1 forum or personal blog (With photos)
    2. Provide link to review within a month

Ideally, we would like you to use the external battery for 1-2 weeks before posting a review. We want honest feedback, if there's anything you don't like or think could be improved let us know!

Complete the form here :thumbup:

[​IMG]

www.tronix.com.au
    [​IMG]

2. Revenger

Revenger Member

I've taken a gamble and done the survey with loads of feedback even sent a pm with other info if its relevant to this.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2014
  3. renren

renren Member

did the survey, thanks for the comp :D

4. ck_psy

ck_psy Member

please let me win :D
    :thumbup:

5. trackhappy

trackhappy Member

With these things I generally wouldn't win a kick in a riot, but... the battery pack that I did a review on is around about due for replacement...

Just did the survey. :thumbup:

6. callan

callan Member

Survey completed. I primarily use those external battery thinggies to charge mobile phones - I hate having to use plugpacks on desks, and USB charges too slowly. I'd be interested in checking these out - I've had some really crap ones over the years - with batteries that quickly die, or units that are fussy about what they'll charge and what they won't (my Kindle is particularly fussy).
    Good luck with your new venture!

Callan

7. MUTMAN

MUTMAN Member

im in
    like flynn

8. qwertylesh

qwertylesh Member

done, cheers.

9. whatdoesthisdo

whatdoesthisdo Member

Brilliant thanks, i really need one of these

10. sjaeger172004

sjaeger172004 Member

Thanks for the competition and nice website

11. josh1990

josh1990 Member

Entered, these look so much nicer a product than the terrible Kogan one that came bundled with my tablet. Thanks for the opportunity :thumbup:

12. scudster

scudster Member

Awesome, can you also do phone cases w/ integrated batteries?

13. Unframed

Unframed Member

Done.

10char

14. joxer

joxer Member

now to see if the mah matches the rating...

15. Bombster

Bombster Member

Form filled in and eagerly awaiting to see if I am chosen.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S5 and a Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet both of which are used heavily throughout the day for work so I could give a good stress test.

Phone is constantly on and off the charger throughout the day.

16. Phrenetic

Phrenetic Member

Looks good. I have been reluctant to take a charger to work, but always run out of phone battery for the night-out in town.

17. XeaLous

XeaLous Member

Looks good,

Can't wait to test the mAh rating

18. mr_wrxman

mr_wrxman Member

Product looks good! Entered!

19. OP
    OP
    Kevdch

Kevdch New Member

Sorry everyone for the inactivity, been travelling a bit!

I've been getting a quite a few PMs/emails with questions and I thought I'd address the questions here for the benefit of other OCAU members.

Commonly asked:

1) Do the power banks really contain the stated mAh?

Yep! Each of the Tronix Tinkers are fitted with 2x Samsung ICR18650-30B cells and amount to a total capacity of 6000 mAh. Whilst the Slim 5000 and Slim 8000 is fitted with 5000mAh and 8000mAh lithium-polymer cells, respectively.

Due to voltage conversions and circuit resistance there is inevitably power loss and this is the case with ALL external batteries. Our external battery range has a efficiency rate of 75-80% which is significantly higher than what you'll find with most external batteries from popular retailers and especially on eBay.

2) How many times will the Tinker or Slim 5000/8000 charge my smartphone?

First multiple 0.75/0.8 by the capacity of the Tronix model. Then google: "<Your smartphone model> mAh rating" and divide your smartphones capacity by the first number to get an accurate estimate.

So for example, using the Tronix Slim 8000(8000mAh) and a iPhones 5s (1560mAh).

>8000*0.75=6000
    >6000/1560 =3.85

So the Tronix Slim 8000 can charge a iPhone 5s at least 3.85 times. But the Slim has a higher efficiency than the Tinker and based on my personal experience I can get 4 full charges out of it!

We'll be putting up a guide/infographic for popular smartphones where people can gauge how many times it can charge their phone.

3) Tell us more about your company, why you started it and what are you trying to achieve?

You can read about us briefly in the about us section of our website. But I'll cover this more elaborately here.

As I have been lucky enough to travel back to Asia quite frequently over the course of my life and also recently completing a semester exchange over at the US I realised how much the Australian market has been lacking in technological goods and gadgets. A quick stroll down to your traditional retailers and you'll quickly see the small range of gadgets and ridiculous prices that we Australians have to pay.

I truly believe that we deserve better than this, and we do not need to resort to purchasing cheap eBay generics (Poor quality and safety issues) or wait 1 month+ for shipments from China or even pay excessive international shipping costs to get quality goods into Australia. We hope to be able to change that permanently by providing premium quality goods at affordable prices.

I'd also like to mention that the focus of our current and future/upcoming product ranges will be products that we believe will truly enhance and improve your experience with technology to make you more efficient and effective during your everyday life. We aren't going to put out "cool little" gadgets for the sake of pretending to be "innovative" but really focus on products that make our lives better and easier, particularly in this day and age where smartphones and tablets have extraordinary capabilities.

That being said, we value everyone's feedback immensely. We would like move Tronix forward based on our users and community's feedback because ultimately our products are here to serve you! So if you have ideas/feedback we would love for you to let us know :)

Lastly,

A lot of people have mentioned that for the survey that the multiple choice didn't allow multiple answers. On hindsight I should have allowed this, but my intentions were to find out what product category people wanted most as our vision is coming out with great products one at a time instead of rushing out products for the sake of having diversity and a big product range.

And apologies for the long post! Hopefully it will clear up some commonly asked questions!

20. OP
    OP
    Kevdch

Kevdch New Member

Thanks for everyone for participating!

The feedback was great and very much appreciated.

The winners will be announced in the next 24 hours, followed with an PM here and Email :D