win7 & i9 cpus

Discussion in 'Intel x86 CPUs and chipsets' started by BobJustBob, Dec 12, 2017.

1. OP
    OP
    BobJustBob

BobJustBob Member

asshole reply.. i'm gonna yeah, fuck ya, cause it's what i'd want.. a 5x faster boot, no?
    i want my win boot to be 3 seconds... or some shit..
    and then, if it craps out, i can at least speak 1st hand (and diss M2 shit), so yeah, gonna try.. suck my balls too...

shane41 and Hive like this.
  2. OJR

OJR Member

LOL, promises promises. Why lead a guy on being Valentine's day and all.

Ghost was made waaay before the storage controller in your motherboard was. You could potentially try to load the controller drivers at a DOS level but I'm not even sure such a driver exists.

3. OP
    OP
    BobJustBob

BobJustBob Member

ahhh, wait. hang on!!! you're talking about ghost? okay, that's something else.. i though, surely others would agree based on posting chronology and content, that i was correct in assuming you meant that the M2 would not boot win7. that's what i mean. (learn to quote, motherfucker!!) so i want new upgrade setup to be;

asus mb > m2 > boot win7 (x2. i'll partition it in 2, something like 400/112gb)
    asus mb > corsair xt win10 (so separate boot alltogether, possible via F8 @ during POST.. it's how i "boot" now using separate drives.. tee hee)

tldr; i raged at you for thinking (correctly, you did not follow correct reply "procedure") you were suggesting i could not use the M2 to boot windows.. (because iirc that "issue" was kinda suggested before/above) so maybe it does apply? well, whatever i will try it my way anyway. i must know first hand..

Last edited: Feb 14, 2020
  4. OJR

OJR Member

You can definitely use the m.2 to boot.

5. Kelvin

Kelvin Member

Hmmm ...
    gave on ghost a few years back .. I think there was a maximum size issue or something

went to acronis .. plenty of issues

but macrium reflect (which has a free version) is amazing.....

almost same situation as bob ...
    Daily driver is a Windows 7 sandybridge limping along but working ..

trying to consolidate the machine onto a nuc ..the windows 7 nvme issues are probably insurmountable (I have made a couple of half hearted attempts to install drivers) with no luck

we the lack of security support it is probably time to push over to Windows 10...

even worse than bob .. I am guilty of having r5e v10 and 6950x lying around..

6. OJR

OJR Member

Here's an idea Bob... Fresh install. Sounds like your OS needs it. Desperately.

shane41 likes this.
  7. OP
    OP
    BobJustBob

BobJustBob Member

no it doesn't what are you on about? are you talking about the site thread? nah, trust me, it's all good...

anyway, i'm doing a hardware "refresh" and new os install in a few days...

8. OJR

OJR Member

Fresh install is an clean install from scratch. No shithouse disk cloning software. All new OS, new drivers, software installed from scratch. That way you're not transferring any shit from your dirty install to your new rig.

shane41 likes this.
  9. Hater

Hater Member

the time you've wasted trying to hold onto a shithouse 11 year old OS would have been better off just getting comfortable with windows 10 and learning that your objections to it are dumb

Dilbery and darkbastard like this.
  10. shane41

shane41 Member

He needs my system hater. I just works. Proven powerful ... a fast boot is lowest concern

Bob is hanging onto a dream ... but the dream never realized was years ago.
    https://hwbot.org/submission/4352217_

This is so easy I was underwhelmed :rolleyes: Mostly Auto shit bios, 1 pass = done.

BoB time warp, needs an OCAU dude here go around his house set up his shit :thumbup:

11. OP
    OP
    BobJustBob

BobJustBob Member

the workspace is a now clean (used Pine O Cleen Glen 20 some minutes ago) so the physical prep is done.. (had some crap there too which is now moved away...)
    going to finish the software backup part today/tomorrow
    will take current tower to workbench on a pleasant day.. too hot now or next few days? (like it was a few days ago when it was actually "cold") so i may be pushed back by the heat...
    then it starts....

i estimate an easy feb2020 finish!! a few days from now, hopefully...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 14, 2020
  12. OP
    OP
    BobJustBob

BobJustBob Member

you're an idiot i'd like to meet at a local maccas to fight... come!!

i'll show you how stupid you are later still via some new pics... (days from now)

OJR likes this.
  13. shane41

shane41 Member

Somethings in life.Just ask. Dream is reality.

14. OP
    OP
    BobJustBob

BobJustBob Member

take your meds. told you before to drop your poetry. if nothing else, i'm not even able to decipher it.

as for me, the final stages are being prepared, ready for launch. today still not good weather, so maybe on the morrow. (making a dvd boot disc for win7 just in case the usb stick craps out. though this burn is on a dvd-rw and iirc some boots don't work/like 'em. to be sure, i ought to write to a non rw, but.. too lazy, should be okay..)

[​IMG]

15. OJR

OJR Member

Bad weather is good for PC building.

why are you still entertaining the idea of Windows 7? I thought we discussed this. Do you want your PC full of malware?

16. shane41

shane41 Member

lol matey. You are the one who is medicated heavily. Bounce of soft walls.
    What I meant was asking for help dodo.

17. OP
    OP
    BobJustBob

BobJustBob Member

not hot/humid bad.. which today is... so it happens when the day is cold and not hot/humid or even mildly warm. i'm manbearpig, so heat scares me.

why indeed. oh dear. for control. for fun, for LIFE!!! and i will, like stated also have "finally" a win10 boot. okay? so i'm gonna start using win10 at times, and perhaps over time use that as main and 7 will be the "sometimes" one. it's how i managed to get off xp.. (actually it was more that scumbags nvidia stopped supporting the titan x on it..)

and no fear win7 has another good 5 years from now easy.. maybe 10..

stay tuned....

Last edited: Feb 15, 2020
  18. Dilbery

Dilbery Member

That's not how EOL works...

Last edited: Feb 19, 2020 at 10:31 AM
  19. OP
    OP
    BobJustBob

BobJustBob Member

"now"? not? i decide when the real eol is for an o/s i use. (or scumbags nvidia)

anyway i just called a HALT to the update... i'm going in search of a new-for-me imager. as mentioned above, and since no answers, i'll take my time. update postponed indefinitely. (no, no trickery, but since i will also want to image my win10 boot, i'm sure i need something newer than ghost. i agree. im old school, not stupid. no doubt M$ made some drm-like b/s with win10 system files, etc, which 2006 ghost could not cope with. so whatever i get should state clearly as a "selling" point that it can image/restore working win10 installs)

i will find (surely) one that does what i want. small, portable, no install, can run off usb stick and backs up an installed o/s including system files and pagefile (if used) and all that, properly, and can when restored, restore such "special" o/s files to working order. otherwise there would be no point. and obviously, when imaging and restoring, i would be using another o/s boot or, unlikely, a booted o/s disk something. see? that's another reason to have at least two o/s boots. to properly back up/restore images you can not be ON the o/s you want to do that to. it would not work. system files would be locked and denied access, etc.. now perhaps some fancy newer imager can do it by setting up what you want (say you want partition c from a two partitioned drive) and it "calculates" and arranges things, and then reboots and before windows boots, it does its thing and saves the image too and then continues booting..

well, whatever.. i'm in no rush... when the next major geforce arrives, i will get that so maybe i wait until then? i'll see how fast i can locate an imager that i approve of..

Last edited: Feb 17, 2020 at 12:39 AM
  20. Kelvin

Kelvin Member

BobJustBob likes this.