Winamp not always on top

Discussion in 'Newbie Lounge' started by steve_stogwart, Sep 10, 2006.

1. steve_stogwart

steve_stogwart Member

I just installed winamp and checked 'always on top'.

The problem is that only part of it will stay on top when IE is open (and maybe other programs, i haven't really noticed). The playlist stays on top, but the other part doesn't. Also it dissapears when i 'show desktop'.

I had fixed it one other time, but i can't remember how. I'm pretty sure it's some option within winamp itself.

Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2006
  2. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

There's an "aways on top" function but I've found it doesn't work anymore. Used to work perfectly but all of a sudden with a certain release it stopped working properly, no idea why. I haven't been able to get it working properly for quite a while now.....but I'm never sure if it has something to do with the theming I'm using or not. I share your pain.

3. lagmaster

lagmaster Member

Just uncheck it and check it again, and she comes good.

(I think it's a bug.)

4. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Tried that, no good for me, if it's a bug it's a bug that's been around for a while now :/

5. CoolerMaster

CoolerMaster Member

There is an option in the preferences to do with running full screen programs and always on top that fixed it for me. I'm at work now so I don't have winamp to check, but i'll post when I get home.

6. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Member

My Winamp ALWAYS stays on top.... it always ticks itself again every time I exit the program. :(

7. cyanidebubbles

cyanidebubbles Member

click on winamp, and press Ctrl +A, and to unlock it, press it again

8. OP
    OP
    steve_stogwart

steve_stogwart Member

Yeah this guy is on the money. I eventually worked it out.

So yeah you have to have always on top ticked, but for some stupid reason it still fucks up.

You then also have to untick "disable always on top while fullscreen applications are focused" in down the bottom of the general preferences. If you do that the 'always on top' function will work like it should have worked in the first place.

9. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Almost forgot about this thread, was going to try this a while back. Just for the record this solution worked for me, everything back to normal.

Cheers for the tip.