Windows 10 - Clean Install without bloat

Discussion in 'Windows Operating Systems' started by Do It Yourself, Sep 6, 2021.

1. Do It Yourself

Do It Yourself Member

Going to be formatting my computer and installing fresh copy of Windows 10 Pro. I have some questions on how to install without bloat and un-necessary drivers/programs etc.

1) I want to use NVCleanstall, do I need to stop Windows 10 from auto-install/auto-update NVIDIA drivers first? If so, how do I do this?

2) Once I finish installing NVCleanstall, can I turn back on the NVIDIA auto-install/auto-update option? Or will this cause NVIDIA to install bloat?

3) Is there any other things I can do to minimise bloat and un-necessary drivers/programs/processes when doing a clean install of Windows 10? Please share some things to do.

2. randomman

randomman Member

Removing apps from Windows 10 media - Spiceworks - doing it pre-install is harder and more complicated
    How to Uninstall Windows 10’s Built-in Apps (and How to Reinstall Them) (howtogeek.com) - post-install is a lot simpler
    We remove apps from media for our enterprise image at work, but I don't bother for my personal computer at home. They're UWP apps so they're self contained and shouldn't mess with anything.

Don't know about NVCleanstall, but I have used DDU, google it and the download link comes with instructions.

3. Soarer GT

Soarer GT Member

I use ghost spectre for light / stripped install for my mining rigs. Look it up.

4. Dilbery

Dilbery Member

Buy a Windows 10 pro for Workstations license and be done with it...

5. elvis

elvis Old school old fool